Since i-5 Publishing acquired Dogster and Catster
in July, they’ve dedicated a significant amount of time and resources to addressing the many issues that came with the lack of maintenance and neglect of the Community areas over most of the last three years. The i-5 transition team fixed many things, but some of the issues are so severe, that they just can’t be fixed.
The good news is that the i-5 transition team has decided to rebuild the Community areas of the site on a new platform that will not only repair the features, but also will make them function even better! All data and functions (Pet Pages, Groups, Forums, etc.) will be migrated to the new platform WITHOUT THE FLEAS!
This project is already underway, and we are targeting spring 2015 to launch the new and MUCH improved Dogster. All of your suggestions have been shared with the transition team and will be considered in the process of rebuilding.
Please know that we share your frustration as you try to navigate through the site and participate in the Community. In the meantime, there are a few things you can do to make the site work better for you:
- Make sure you are using the most recent version of your web browser
- You might want to consider doing some testing with other browsers. Even if it’s not your favorite, a different browser just might work better in the short term
- If you haven’t already, please reset your password
- Reload, reload, reload (this helps with those pesky 503 errors)
- Try, try, and try again (using the site can be hit or miss, but sometimes, it’s a hit!)
- Take a deep breath and look at these photos of cute dogs chillin’
You should all be very proud of the wonderful community you’ve built over the last decade. We are delighted that i-5 Publishing recognizes this and is dedicated to giving all of you a place to express and share your love of dogs.
Lori and the Community Team