Dog’s Jaws Glued Shut From Junk Mail

Here's a story you don't see often, junk mail that's not only a nuisance but dangerous. Colchester, UK: A HUNGRY hound lost both his bark...

Horst Hoefinger  |  Nov 14th 2008


Here’s a story you don’t see often, junk mail that’s not only a nuisance but dangerous.

Colchester, UK: A HUNGRY hound lost both his bark and his bite when a bizarre accident left his jaws glued together.

Cymbeline, a Scottish terrier, is trained to pick up the post from the doormat and hand it over to his owner Kimberly Fisher, 41.

But the faithful pet came unstuck when a high gloss finish on a fast food menu stuck his jaws closed for more than half an hour.

Cymbeline was taught to pick up the post without damaging it, however this time was different. Ms Fisher, his owner, said “It was a big, high gloss paper menu which had turned into a paste – the gum stuck it between his teeth.”

“He was trying very hard to open his mouth. It was funny as well as sad.”

The Roosters fast-food menu, which ironically promises “mouth-watering results” for anyone who tries their chicken, was stuck fast and eventually Ms Fisher was forced to take Cymbeline to the vet.

Luckily after about 40 minutes the vet was able to get the stuff out.

Ben Bennett, the vet who treated Cymbeline, said: “It was really unusual, I’ve never seen anything like it before in 20 years so the chances of it happening again are pretty rare.”

Glad to hear Cymbeline is back to normal, hopefully he’ll be relieved of his post duty.

Get Dogster in Your Inbox!

Stay informed! Get tips and exclusive deals.

May We Also Recommend

Our Most-Commented Stories