Photos We Love: 10 Dogs in Life Jackets
I know what you're saying. You're saying, "But wait! I thought all dogs know how to swim!"
That's what I thought, too, but then I saw this photo of the Infamous Miss B in a life jacket and it occurred to me that, duh, not all dogs know how to swim, not all dogs can swim, and not all dogs even like the water.
I know it's the last month of summer, but that's what makes it even more important to be safe.
Just ask these 10 dogs.
1. Willow wants you to know that a life jacket is more than an accessory, it's a safety precaution
2. Jake says that swimming can be exhausting and a life jacket can help keep a dog afloat
3. For Luna, a life jacket is just another way to make summer fun and not a tragedy
4. Even the most water-ready dog can be caught unaware if he falls off a boat or a dock, that's why Afro Ken wears a life jacket
5. Big dogs like Boscoe need life jackets, too
6. Sugar says it's important for dogs to wear life jackets, and to make sure they fit correctly
7. Chonis reminds you to always supervise your dog
8. Maxi wears her life jacket while swimming!
9. Doesn't Louie look so handsome in his life jacket?
10. Bailey Puggins is ready for anything!
Do you put a life jacket on your dog? Where did you get yours? In the U.S., there are no regulations for pet life jackets, so make sure you do your research.
Check out other dog safety tips on Dogster:
- 7 Sun Safety Suggestions for Dogs
- Our Best Summer Safety Tips for Beach-Lovin' Dogs
- Six Summertime Hazards for Dogs
About Liz Acosta: Dogster's former Cuteness Correspondent, Liz still manages the site's daily "Awws," only now she also wrangles Dogster's social media. That's why she wants you to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and -- her personal favorite -- Instagram. See ya there!