Joy | Sep 28th 2006
This puts a whole new light on the term “dog license!” Thanks to the BBC for this story.
Dog starts car after eating chip
A breakdown patrol man who came to the rescue of a woman motorist has managed to get her car started using her dog.
Juliette Piesley, 39, had changed the battery in her electronic key fob but was then unable to start her car.
When AA patrolman Kevin Gorman arrived at the scene in Addlestone, Surrey, he found its immobiliser chip was missing.
Ms Piesley said her dog George had eaten something, and realising it was the chip, he put the dog in the front seat and started the car with the key.
Mr Gorman said: “I was glad to get the car started for the member.
“They will now have to take George [the dog] with them in the car until things take their natural course.
Our Most-Commented Stories