Home » The Scoop

Beware: Glue and Dogs Don’t Mix

I just ran across this article warning about glue and our pets. No, they're not sniffing the stuff, but ingesting it instead. A Lexington woman...

Horst Hoefinger  |  Aug 18th 2008


I just ran across this article warning about glue and our pets. No, they’re not sniffing the stuff, but ingesting it instead.

A Lexington woman says her pet German Shepherd, “Judah,” got into a bottle of “Gorilla Glue.”

The dog ate some of the glue and it expanded in his stomach. Surgery was required to remove the cantaloupe-sized mass and save the dog’s life.

Vets at Woodford Veterinary Clinic say this is the third case they’ve seen in six months and it’s getting national attention in veterinary journals.

As for “Judah,” the dog is recovering and should be back to normal in a couple of days.