Yup, Alfie wasn’t in the doghouse he was in the dollhouse.
The sneaky spaniel snuck into his human sister’s room and stole a toy puppy out of her dollhouse. He then swallowed it whole.
The unusual snack made Alfie sick and, unable to figure out what was wrong, his owners Joanne Dutton and daughter Madeline, seven, took him to the vets.
hey were amazed when the vet’s X-ray revealed the cause of his illness.
“He was refusing to eat or drink and then became very ill. He just looked so sad, which is not like him, so we took him to the vet. He felt his tummy and immediately discovered something there – and it turned out to be Madeline’s toy puppy,” Mrs Dutton, from Wilmslow, Cheshire, said.
Alfie needed surgery to remove the toy from his stomach.
Vet Mark Allington said: “We took an X-ray of Alfie and it was fairly obvious what he had swallowed and it was removed after a couple of hours’ surgery.”
Alfie has recovered from surgery and is back to his old self. Hopefully Madeline will keep her bedroom door shut.