GO!

not sure what to think of old weim acting to puppy

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Lucy

Lucy-

Barked: Thu May 14, '09 12:30pm PST 
I have a 11 week on weim and i have a 10 year weim that has been an only child for 10 years. she ignored the puppy for the first two weeks and now she is doing this behavior and i am not sure if she is helping or not. she is coming up to the puppy and (not biting down) putting her mouth around her neck, and small biting like she does when she plays with us, and pushes her down and lays on her. She only started doing it when we corrected the puppy, so i thought she was trying to correct her, i guess. she is wagging her tail when she does this to the puppy and the puppy is not crying, and she wags her tail sometimes too. she usually tries to bite the older one back, so i was not sure if they were playing or not. but it has seem to make the puppy bite a little more, but she is also going thru the teething stage, so i cant really tell.
has anyone else delt with this or knows what i am talking about? it is kind of hard to explain. i just don't want anything to happen that will leave a bad mark on the two's relation ship.
any ideas?
[notify]
Echo

True Hunter!

Barked: Tue Jun 2, '09 5:40pm PST 
It seems to me that she is only teaching the pup manners.
I think its the best way for a puppy to learn how to behave and respect the older ones...
that would be what the puppys mother would do in order to keep things in check.

wink
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Tue Jun 9, '09 6:40pm PST 
My brother Slick did that to me when I was a puppy! He was 10 when he came to live with us. Mommy got scared but Daddy said that Slick was teaching me how to play and good pack manners. When I was 3 we got my brother Baxter and I taught him the same thing! Mommy said to tell you to watch the older dog because Slick did get very grumpy with me. He never hurt me but he growled and snapped at me and put me in my place as he got older.
[notify]