GO!

INTRESTED IN INFO ON RED TOY POODLE PUPS FOR ADOPTION

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

CUBBIE

ITS MINE!

Barked: Tue Apr 6, '10 1:02pm PST 
I WOULD LIKE SOME BREEDERS WHO MAY HAVE RED PUPS TO ADOPT IN THE NEAR FUTURE? HOW RARE ARE THEY, WILL I HAVE A HARD TIME FINDING ONE? I HAVE A TOY POODLE NOW WHO IS 13 YEARS OLD. HE IS MY BEST FRIEND. NOT LOOKING TO BREED. FOR COMPANION ONLY.
[notify]
ted-e

Ted-e Bear the- 60's peacemaker

Barked: Wed Apr 28, '10 3:12pm PST 
If you adopt a puppy toy poodle when the one you have is 13 seems very wrong to me. I have 2 miniatures 7 & 8 years old and just adopted a toy red puppy . It's been very very hard on my older ones. They thought they were being replaced. I would have never done that but my husband surprised us, (not asking first). The puppy lost it's home. Anyway I've had to get a calm collar for one of my dogs that did help alot. She was flipping out as both of mine were so set in their way. They just didn't want a new bouncing baby all over the place with so much energy. Now fortunately with help from the calm colar one of my mini's is finally bonding and really I am seeing her happier and more active then I've seen her in 7 years. Maybe I should try a calm collar on my other mini although he does fine with the baby outside.

I've read several times that it's best to not get a 2nd pet after your dog is 10 years old as they can't keep up and feel like they are being replaced. You might consider adopting an older toy poodle more your dogs age. They have rescues for toy poodles too.
[notify]