GO!

TFT Training

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Ike

Handsome Devil:- 50% handsome,- 50% Devil

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '08 6:23pm PST 
I don't know if this is the same for your TFTs...

Ike responds extremely well to positive training, but he is undaunted by corrections, like if I say "no!" or use a loud voice. He just looks at me like he's saying "What?" However, if I want him to do something or not do something, I praise him or treat him if he does what I want or doesn't do what I don't want him to do, which seems to be highly effective.

Anyone else have TFTs that are like this?

Edited by author Thu Jan 3, '08 6:24pm PST

[notify]
foxxi- cleopatra

Its my party; i- make the rules!- Dazzle!

Barked: Tue Jan 20, '09 5:18pm PST 
Foxxi is like that.. she also is very aware when she does something wrong because she always cowards away from me. lol..
It dosent even matter what it is.. as soon as i enter the house she will coward if shes done something..
But when i correct her she does give me this bewildered look.. even to turn her head sideways and look at me like... what did i do now?

considering i had to break her little food stealing routine..
by putting treats down around the house and instructing her no! so that she knew that it wasnt hers to take..
and those that were not marked for that.. she ate.. even if there was a no beside it.
They are extremely smart dogs.. mine loves to lay on top of the couch like a cat sometimes too.. very cute.
[notify]