GO!

Is there another dog forum we can ALL move to?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 59: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 1:56pm PST 
I could care less about saymedia but I dont want to lose this community. Since community is about people , is there a dog forum we can all move to?
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 2:11pm PST 
I would hope so. I am working on it. And to also revive things to when it was a better place.

I am not an internet person....I think a lot of it is one step back from reality. Good way to vent, or to "feel" important, personas people wouldn't have the chutzpah to actually be in real life and such. But Dogster was something where REAL things happened. I co-founded a rescue via Dogster. It wasn't even my idea, so to say it would exist without Dogster is a thousand percent impossible. I have really benefited from Duncan's shelter and southern culture knowledge, and I am not trying to sound puffy, but very few, if any, transport rescues up here have people with my background of working with all breed rescues, etc. or breed matching experience. We are a unique team, and it is all because of Dogster. A true north-meets-south, with a rather awesome collective experience. It's also personal. Duncan truly is a dear friend and lives downstairs from me. I help her to raise her daughter...who is my best little friend...and actually have someone I can talk dogs with at 3:00 in the morning laugh out loud

I remember Toto going in and saving the heart of a Dogster member, whose dogs had to be taken to a shelter when she went homeless with her mom. After one of the two got euthed, Toto came to the rescue. How AWESOME was that?

I've found all our fosters here. I have made true relationships. Even those who stormed off...we have our own group, and it is awesome.

When Moose's mom was heartbroken about Mikey, I hooked her up with the right person. How many people here have been steered off bad breeders? In the CAD forum or this B&T, how many have been steered off bad choices.

People here actually meet and do stuff. It's terrifically sad, and I can't be more sarcastic than I am about SAY Media. This is not "for the love of dog," the mag is way too much of a joke for me to even write on anymore.

Technically, you can do a Facebook Group, but I would be interested to see if we could put up a forum elsewhere.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 2:14pm PST 
I remember all of it, Tiller and even donated for the situation you mentioned. There is already a dogster group on facebook called dogster buddies but there are some people on this site who refuse to "do" facebook for various reasons. I really think forum would be a better choice.
[notify]

Caledonia

Sad-Eyed Doggie- of the Lowlands

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 2:19pm PST 
I know I've been at odds with people from time to time but I still respect and enjoy reading what everyone has to say. The spambots or whatever they are have taken over...I think it would be terrific to start a new site, please NOT Facebook...laugh out loud
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 2:23pm PST 
I dont think we have to start a new site, just ALL migrate to another one. Anyone know of the next best dog site next to dogster?
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 2:28pm PST 
Of course, if it could be done it sure would be awesome to make an even better site than dogster . Living well is the best revenge!
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 2:39pm PST 
As for another site..... so far.. and it is so far.... havent found a real maybe.

I have been around "Pet Talk-Pet Of The Day " for a while.. over a year... but its mainly forums.. no groups.

I know there are some from here over there from here.

It is NOT the same or close though. Not to say it isnt good... just not the same.

This is me over there

Edited by author Thu Jan 16, '14 2:43pm PST

[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 2:47pm PST 
http://www.forumotion.com/

We could try the above. The Canadian fish forum I was on went down and a member set up a new forum and we all moved and no it's not fancy but it's a place to go.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 3:05pm PST 
Tiller.... I always read your stuff..... I dont often comment.

But because of you I know a breeder who I might one day be able to get what will be my last GSD for. I will forever thank you silently for that.

It isnt going to happen anytime soon.... but I trusted and do trust YOUR assessment.
[notify]
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 3:06pm PST 
The only other dog forums I visit are dogforums.com and the forums on chazhound.com, but I never bothered making an account for those sites. This was the only site I ever bothered making an account on because I loved the community vibe. I'm really sad to see it go. crycrycrycry
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 59: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]