GO!

You're mad at me because he's not a doodle? Really?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Charlie- Chaplin

A day without- laughter is a- day wasted

Barked: Wed Nov 6, '13 4:41pm PST 
Omg, everywhere we go, 85% people assume Chaplin is a doodle, which is fine, I don't care. But if you ask me just to "verify" or you blatantly say "it's a doodle dog!" I am going to correct you. I will do it nicely. I will not be rude or snobby about it, just factual...

People are actually getting mad at ME for saying he is a portuguese water dog!!!

Stranger: "Aww, what a cute doodle!"

Me: "Oh thanks, he loves the attention. But he's actually a portuguese water dog." Heck, most of the time I even throw in for their 'sake' (despite not wanting to) "like the obama dogs!"

Stranger: "You don't have to be so rude about it. If you don't like doodles why did you buy a dog that looks like one!?"

Seriously... we get this stuff all the time, and it's getting annoying. I wanted a purebred dog so I got one, I can't help that you don't understand the difference between my portie and that dude's doodle. But don't tell me I'm the rude one simply for letting you know your ASSUMPTIONS were wrong. This happens all the time! If I'm not a breedist I'm a snob or rude or whatever else.

Edited by author Wed Nov 6, '13 4:44pm PST

[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Wed Nov 6, '13 5:09pm PST 
People are really stupid and ....................shrug
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 6:16am PST 
Better question: why did they make doodles look like your dog? PWDs came first.
[notify]

Jem - Kandansk- Emerging- Artist

Toy-aholic

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 7:28am PST 
Tell them your dog is the doodle GODFATHER! I'm sure it will go over their head. I'm sure anything you say will. In fact just start carring around some whipped cream in a can so you can spray it in your mouth and pretend you have rabies. It will be more fun.
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 8:26am PST 
sigh, seriously?! Dude, you have to be PC about this. If I'm wrong on something, well it's rude to -even nicely- correct me, it's nicer to just pretend I'm right all the time.naughty I might cry myself to sleep if I find out your dog isn't what I want it to be.
trolololol
Chaplin is so cute! I love porties. big grin
[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 1:49pm PST 
Jem big laugh
[notify]
Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sat Nov 9, '13 2:43pm PST 
Don't feel bad everyone thinks my Italian greyhound is a whipppet. I always correct them. Sandy only weighs 12 pounds and most definitely looks like an Italian greyhound not a whippet.
[notify]
Tegan

Lots of Love

Barked: Sun Nov 10, '13 6:35pm PST 
Jem you just made me laugh so hard big laughbig laugh
[notify]
Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Sun Nov 10, '13 10:51pm PST 
Ever met people who yell "the customer's always right" or something obnoxious like that when they don't get exactly what they want after an unreasonable request?

Yeah, those are the types you are talking about who act like that.

If they think the sky is green, it IS green. And if you prove them wrong you are racist/rude/snob&etc.

Met one such customer at my work who pulled the race card and then a few minutes later was talked to by a manager of the same race. It was priceless.
[notify]
Bodhi

All can be fixed- with cuddles!

Barked: Sun Nov 10, '13 11:52pm PST 
They probably just feel dumb for being wrong and lash out. Because obviously no one matures past the age of 12 wink Haha - but hey what can you do. Carry on correcting the masses!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2