GO!

unique looking mix, any guesses?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Loki

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 3:39am PST 
Got a new puppy last week, shelter believes her to be a boxer/lab mix.

She's mostly brindle with black masking, and her white patches have (what appears to be) merle and ticking.

I think possibly boxer or pit mixed with aussie or cattle dog. Others have guessed anywhere from shepherd to JRT.

What do you guys think?
[notify]
Loki

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 3:47am PST 
Also, she's about 16lb, 14 weeks old. Any guess on how big she'll wind up being? According to puppy weight charts I've looked at online she'd be about 30lb full grown, but I'm thinking she'll probably be at least 40.
[notify]
Quincy

We don't doodle!

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 4:31am PST 
She looks like a Great Dane mix to me. And, Quincy, now 80 lbs at 10 months, was only 12 lbs at 14 weeks, so I would expect MUCH bigger than 40 lbs as an adult!
She is cute!!!
[notify]

Loki

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 4:59am PST 
hmm, interesting! I never even considered Great Dane as a possibility, but looking at a picture of a pure bred brindle Dane pup and her side by side is extremely similar - http://i39.tinypic.com/f2uasy.jpg
[notify]
Loki

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 5:41am PST 
even more interesting...looking into Great Dane coat variations I found out that they come in a "brindlequin" color, which although her brindle is more all over than harlequin, does look a lot like what she's going on with her coat http://i40.tinypic.com/2yl5x7q.jpg
[notify]
Quincy

We don't doodle!

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 8:12am PST 
Yup, and that head shape is a dead giveaway for a Dane!!
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 7:14pm PST 
Love Love Love them ears!!!laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudBest wishes on the new baby!
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 8:11pm PST 
I don't think Dane at all, there are any number of breeds that can produce that coloring. Cute either way.
[notify]
Baby

What'd you say?- I wasn't- listening.

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 2:46pm PST 
Time will tell =)

Very cute dog though, love the coloring.
[notify]
ARC's MADE YA LOOK

Moxie

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 7:14pm PST 
reminds me of a cattle dog in the flecks but boxer-ish in the face, or perhaps dane. Be exciting to see!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2