GO!

just ate tulip bulb!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

  


Member Since
01/15/2011
 
 
Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 4:42pm PST 
Hi, I just caught my 62# dog pulling up a tulip and of course, when I went to take it from her she thought it'd be fun to run around the yard while she ate most of the bulb. I know tulip bulbs are toxic, so far she's acting fine (happened about 20 minutes ago). Is there anything I should do immediately? Our vet is closed, and we haven't had the best experience at emergency vet (but will go if we have to). Thanks for any info.
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.
 
 
Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 5:20pm PST 
I would have her vomit it up. I know you can give her hydrogen peroxide to make her vomit, but I don't know how much.I would call poison control if I were you. Just know there is a fee for the phone call. It's cheaper than a vet visit. Poison control 800-213-6680. Good Luck! Please let us know how she makes out. smile

Edited by author Wed Apr 17, '13 5:21pm PST

[notify]