GO!

Kibble free of Chinese ingredients

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 1:18pm PST 
I am interested in buying dog food with out Chinese ingredients. I have heard most companies source some ingredients from China. I am wondering what companies are not. Any links to reputable sites with a list would be excellent.
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 2:54pm PST 
How about Acana? This is from their FAQ section of their website.

"Q. Do ACANA dog and cat food formulas contain any ingredients from China?
A. There are no ingredients from China used in the preparation of our dog and cat food formulas, including vitamins – we are 100% China-free. Our focus is on fresh ingredients supplied regionally. All our products are made exclusively within our own award-winning factory here in Alberta, Canada"

Acana
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 5:27pm PST 
I don't know if you're 100% set on kibble, but if you're not, consider The Honest Kitchen. None of their ingredients come from China.
[notify]

Sausage

feed me

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 12:59pm PST 
just curious - what's wrong with chinese ingredients?
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 3:32pm PST 
Another vote for Orijen/Acana by Champion Foods.
Their site has great info, & their White Paper is worth a read.
too lazy to hyperlink, but the Orijen site is
www.orijen.ca

Edited by author Sun Feb 17, '13 3:33pm PST

[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 4:43pm PST 
I'm curious where Champion does get its taurine from them?

As I understand it, there are basically two options... China or Japan. I'd be curious, if not China, if they are getting it from Japan... and if not, where they DO source from.

ETA: Nevermind, just found my answer! Apparently the taurine in Orijen comes naturally from the meats they use, and is not supplemented. Cool beans!

Edited by author Sun Feb 17, '13 4:52pm PST

[notify]
Lupin

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 5:46pm PST 
Fromm Family foods are all completely sourced and manufactured in the USA.
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 9:41pm PST 
Chinese ingredients can be sketchy since that country has a history of making dangerous products. Some companies have recalled based on ingredients sourced from China causing issues.

Thank you all for your suggestions.
[notify]
Ginger

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 10:25am PST 
There is another Canadian company that uses locally sourced ingredients, and to my knowledge doesn't use anything sourced from China. The company is Horizon. We have had pretty good luck with their Horizon Legacy foods and have also used their Pulsar foods a couple times. I like to rotate and usually rotate between Horizon and Fromm. I have been considering trying Acana too and may add it to our rotation.
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 10:39pm PST 
My local health food store started carrying a new brand of dog food. I paid more money than I normally do for some other brands. I did not even know if they sourced ingredients from China or not. I sent them a message on face book and they said they don't. I don't want to buy more expensive dog food if it contains Chinese ingredients.

The dog food I bought was, I and love and you. Weird name. I should do more research on a company before buying the food, but I did not.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2