GO!

Home neutering in Canada?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 2:34pm PST 
I do have to say ppl are truly insane thinking they can neuter their dogs at home and thinking they can do it successfully without using aseptic technique. There's a whole lot that happens in the procedure than what ppl may think. In large animal practice they do use elastor rings and do procedures out in the field but the way farmers and vets who practice large animal think is to better the herd. Just because they do certain things in large animal practice doesn't mean it's okay for ppl to do these procedures in their home. This way of neutering causes trauma, pain, discomfort, and dogs mutilating themselves to try to alleviate the pain. It is sickening in my eyes. Its just like ppl who fight pitbulls do their own type of ear cropping at home. I just can't believe ppl are that stupid.
[notify]
Dunkin

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 3:10pm PST 
There was an article on this on dogster. It was sick what some people tryed to do
[notify]