GO!

Gender Preference??

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '12 11:42am PST 
What gender of dog do you prefer and why? Please specify of what breed you are referring to as well smile
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 2:15pm PST 
Growing up, I only had female dogs. When I started searching for my own dog, I said I wanted a female because that's what I knew. And of course I ended up with a goofy male aussie and I couldn't be any happier with him. So at this point, I no longer have any sort of gender preference.
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 2:23pm PST 
I typically prefer males in gender preference, at least when picking my own dogs. But I've owned females and have absolutely nothing against them and would own them again and again. No breeds in particular.
[notify]

Lisa

Always my angel.

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 3:13pm PST 
I have always preferred female dogs, and I have no idea why. It's not an intentional thing - I've never noticed a particular temperament difference between male and female dogs (spayed/neutered ones anyway). It just seems to work out that the dogs I bond the closest with are female. The particular loves of my life were/are a Lhasa/Cocker cross and an ACD mix, but I also grew up with GSD mixes, a Great Pyrenees, and a Dachshund/Lab mix (weird mix, but he was adorable).

I'm guessing it has more to do with me than them. shruglaugh out loud
[notify]
Calamity- Jane

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 3:17pm PST 
I've always been around female dogs, so I kind of prefer them. However, I am considering a male for my next dog.
[notify]
Kodiak CGC

WOOoooOOoo

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 3:38pm PST 
I like my sappy, rolly, wiggly, mama's-dog boys. :]
I HAVE had girls I've loved, but when it comes to me picking dogs, it'll always be a male. It's probably silly, but I feel like they're clingier and more lovey.
[notify]
Sugar

Ooh ooh, can we- PLEASE go on a- walk!

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 3:41pm PST 
We have two female dogs right now (lab mix and chihuahua mix), and my parents have a female golden retriever that visits sometimes. I don't really have a preference though, both are great in my opinion. I think I might go for a male dog next time, but all those shelter dogs just tug at my heart, so whatever comes along really. I try to judge a dog by personality and nothing else! smile
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 4:46pm PST 
I would prefer to kill myself than have a female dog laugh out loud
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 6:32pm PST 
Lads all the way. Entire, if possible.
[notify]
Nare