GO!

Pet-friendly hotels

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

Isis

Kids?- Please...mommy- loves ME best!

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 3:40pm PST 
I can't seem to track down that great site that had a VERY comprehensive list of dog friendly hotels. If someone knows what it is, I'd be so grateful! I'll be printing it and keeping it somewhere safe after this hurricane craziness!!! smile
[notify]
Coco

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 6:56pm PST 
Here's one for North Jersey.
FUNNEWJERSEY.com
[notify]
Isis

Kids?- Please...mommy- loves ME best!

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '12 7:52pm PST 
Thank you! That's an awesome site as well, but there was one posted on here a few months ago that was national that I finally found on search. It's called www.bringfido.com. Very awesome little resource to have on hand in an emergency that I never would have thought to have! smile
[notify]

Katie

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '12 2:47pm PST 
Are you thinking of http://www.petswelcome.com/ ?
[notify]
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '12 11:48am PST 
I know there are various pet-friendly hotels, but you have to read the fine print.

Some have size restrictions. Others charge extra, either per stay or per night.

When I road-tripped with my dog, I found LaQuinta generally had no size restrictions or extra fees. The one I found that did have a sign at the front desk about a 40 pound limit didn't enforce it. I asked if they weighed the dogs, the clerk looked at Ace and said not to worry about it.

I stayed at one Hampton that didn't charge extra, but I don't know if that was a chain policy.
[notify]
Ellie

Play ALL DAY

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 10:47pm PST 
I usually do Marriott residence inn if available smile
[notify]

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 9:37pm PST 
The Marriott Residence Inn is great. I've taken my dogs there a few times and they loved every minute of it. way to go
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 10:26pm PST 
I read from someone's post here that AirBNB has a list of pet-friendly hotels. You can try and check it out. big grin
[notify]
Lupi

I\\\'ll do- anything for a- treat!

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 9:10am PST 
I've always used www.bringfido.com. You can book right from their website and the prices are the same as other travel sites, only you get free t-shirts and things!

Eta: Just realized this is an old thread AND that you had already found the site I mentioned! Sorry-must pay more attention!

Edited by author Thu Jan 24, '13 9:12am PST

[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 3:28pm PST 
Some pet friendly hotels will only put someone with a dog in a Smoking room. We refuse and make a "stink" about (pun intended). Be sure to ask if you are a non-smoker or you may end up in a smoking room.
[notify]