GO!

Suggest Some Durable Chewies

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 6:09pm PST 
Can you make suggestions for durable tasty chews? I've tried antlers and they got bored with the taste. Sophie is happy with ribs and BusyBones. Callie is a major chewer. I gave him the ultimate size Busy Bone-one of those lasts Sophie more than a week. He had it completely munched in 2 hours. Those things are like meat flavored bricks...yow, suggestions?
[notify]
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 6:16pm PST 
What about freezing something in a Kong? That keeps Koby busy.
[notify]
Maddox

Captain Three- Legs

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 8:03pm PST 
How about antler chews? Those last a while, do not splinter, and the dogs love them!
[notify]

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 10:34pm PST 
Yak chews last my dogs if I get them the bigger size. They also love bullies but they don't last long. Please note a lot of dogs break teeth on antlers and Purina makes Busy Bones.
[notify]
Jazz

Surf's up, let's- go to the beach!

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 7:53am PST 
Thick bully sticks last a long time, are natural & totally digestible.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 11:10am PST 
Thanks, gotta look for bully sticks that are thick-the ones I've seen the cats could nip through...I'm going to try the frozen Kong idea. I tried him with doggie ice cream and he loved it so great idea!!!snoopy

Interesting how Sophie is so delicate and picky in her food and treat habits and Callie is just NOMNOMNOM MUST EAT IT ALL...except sausage, pancakes cookies anything and everything as quickly as possible...but not sausage
[notify]
Indy

Can I get a- belly rub?

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 8:02pm PST 
you can try himalayan chews, those tend to last little longer than bully sticks
[notify]
Obi

Sassy Britches!

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 9:44am PST 
Obi loves the 12' braided bully sticks. The braided tend to last longer. happy dance
[notify]
ROSCOE

The World Is My- Playground

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 7:27pm PST 
12" Bully Sticks and Antlerzbig grin A;so fill a Kong with peanut butter and treats and freeze it.
[notify]
Barney,- friend of- Lennox

Bad to the Bone

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 9:21pm PST 
The braided bully sticks, the ones with the thick strands and about 6-8 inches long seem to last the longest with us.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3