GO!

What do you think dogs dream about?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
The- Troublesome- 2 Kc &- Cooper

You must pet me- before you pet- the other

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 8:38am PST 
This sparked my interest last night. We were watching a movie, dogs asleep, and my sister tells me "Wake Kc up; I think she's having a nightmare." So I see her and her paws are twitching and she's making smal *ruff... grrr. ruff* sounds. So I wanted to know what you think you dogs dream about. cloud 9 ... Zzzzzzz
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 2:43pm PST 
I've often wondered this as well, especially when Scruffy wags his tail in his sleep. cloud 9
[notify]
Hershey

Bark it Loud &- Proud!

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 4:09pm PST 
I think mine dream of chasing squirrels...running free...playing with other doggy friends...to name a few.
[notify]

Dahlia

Gone, But Not- Forgotten.

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 5:51pm PST 
thinking World Domination, Tri-tip steaks, and a crate full of squirrels would be my guess.
[notify]
Niki

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 6:13pm PST 
My dogs bark and run most often in their sleep ... sometimes they twitch their lips too - eating or growling perhaps.
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 6:22pm PST 
I'm sure Kali dreams of food. Lots and lots of food. Koby, I think dreams of lots of balls. They are his "flavorist" things in the world. Esp., large exercise balls. big laughbig laughlaugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 7:53pm PST 
I haven't the slightest idea what mine dream about,Mika seems rarely to dream and generally remains very still while sleeping,while Kai is a very active dreamer with lots of different movements,twitches and noise. I am also certain he has nightmares at times because we have had to awaken him,then he has the need to cuddle and feel safe before going back to sleep. I really would love to know what it is he dreams about.

Kali- Have you yet found a ball that can survive more than 5 minutes in Koby's paws and teeth? If you have or do please p-mail me with info.,I could use one for Kai.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 8:08pm PST 
I think mine dreams about running and beating up others, judging on what he does in his sleep! He growls and barks and flails like crazy. Sometimes I think he recaps his day, or replays a memory.

laugh out loud Dahlia!

Edited by author Sun Nov 4, '12 8:10pm PST

[notify]
Smokey

Let's play tug!!

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 12:40am PST 
Kodiak is a confident, social, outgoing dog, who wants to be petted by every human and played with by every dog he meets, but is a restless sleeper and frequently seems to have anxiety dreams where he whimpers and cries. Sometimes he even wakes himself up and comes over to be comforted. Smokey is a ball of anxiety covered in fur during waking hours, but sleeps deeply, quietly, peacefully, and long, and just seems to dream about chasing seagulls and chewing stuff. He usually crawls under the covers and doesn't move for 12 hours. If he is disturbed before completing his beauty rest, he looks confused, rumpled, and grumpy.
[notify]
The- Troublesome- 2 Kc &- Cooper

You must pet me- before you pet- the other

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 3:49am PST 
've often imagined Kc either eating or *finally* catching a small animal. I don't think that Cooper dreams, though. Nevertheless, they both snore enough already. laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2