GO!

Breed guess

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Lilly

pet me

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '12 10:49am PST 
I know it is hard to tell with some puppies, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. My husband and I are considering getting a new dog/puppy and want to adopt this time. I was searching local rescues' FB pages and came across this ever-so-gorgeous pup named Vernon. The rescue has him listed as a Lab mix, but I'm curious as to what he is mixed with. Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=43959169277243 4&set=a.439590929439177.108175.184850814913191&type=1&theater┬Čif_t= photo_reply

Sorry if it's not a clickable link.
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '12 8:56pm PST 
My first guess would be chow mix, or maybe Elkhound mix. I don't really see Lab. thinking
[notify]
Lilly

pet me

Barked: Fri Nov 2, '12 10:30am PST 
I can see Chow or Elkhound and I've gotten Keeshond from others on a different website (not sure that the latter two are very common around here). The rescue said mom (they have her, too, but no pics up on their page) does appear to be a full blooded Lab. His sister is the black one on this link (again you'll have to c/p...sorry).

https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.439590929439177.108175.1 84850814913191&type=1&__user=1446308702
[notify]

Lilly

pet me

Barked: Fri Nov 2, '12 4:28pm PST 
Oops, forgot to change the link from mobile to web!
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 4:37pm PST 
He looks like an akita with drop ears. They often have drop ears as puppies. The coat looks like an akita's coat. The coat does not look Labrador, it's plush and less slick like an akita. He looks like he has a mask too. He is adorable and has a very pretty coat pattern.

With mutts it's hard to tell. You can't base the dog's temperament based on breeds they look like. A lot of mutts look like breeds they are not.
[notify]