GO!

Need Some Brands That Make Durable Toys

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '12 1:16pm PST 
Now that we have Callie, he and Sophie love playing tug of war every morning. I need some brands that will hold up to two uber strong doggies. I'm thinking maybe a squeaky stuffed bulletproof vest. I ordered the Kong Ballistic ring to see how long it lasts. Any other suggestions?
[notify]
Addie CL1- CL2 CL3 NAJ

if it moves,- I'll chase it!

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '12 1:37pm PST 
Goughnuts, regular kongs, nylabone tough chewers, Toughies. Hope it helps a little smile
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '12 2:23pm PST 
Some of these are tough: http://www.helpingudders.com/udder_tugs.aspx

Also Tuffy's, Chewbar, Katies Bumpers Sqwuggies, West Paw Design

Some of those are not meant for a dog to chew on when unsupervised though.
[notify]

Sonny Jim

Franks say that- I'm BACK IN- BLACK!

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '12 4:00pm PST 
For tug, perhaps the Ruff Wear Lunker dog toy. Of course, I would put it away when not playing tug.

Also: Planet Dog: Orbee-Tuff® Glow for Good Ball 2.5"
5 out of 5 Chompers
Orbee-Tuff® Diamond Plate Ball 5/5
Orbee-Tuff® Orbee Ball
5 out of 5 Chompers -- very cute, too!
Orbee-Tuff® RecycleBALL® 5/5
Orbee-Tuff Snowball, Baseball, and Tennis Ball 5/5
Orbee-Tuff Fetch Ball with Rope and Woof Ball 5/5

note they also have several rated 4/5

West Paw makes guaranteed dog tough dog toys -- you can return them for a refund, but only once. They float.
Hurley -- combined ball, bone, stick
Tux -- has 3 ball shaped pulls, can stuff treat in middle
Bumi -- S-shaped tug and fetch toy, stretchy
Tizi -- can't describe, looks like a 2-legged headless man, treat toy
Zisc -- disc
Jive -- bouncing dog ball
All can go in the dishwasher and come in 3 cool colours. I have the Bumi, the Tux, and the Zisc.

The Jolly Ball Puncture Resistant Toys:
Tug N Toss: big ball with handle, floats
Romp N Roll: big ball with rope
Jolly Critters: squeak and float
Jolly Football: collapses when bitten then bounces right back
Jolly Bounce N Play

Also JollyPets has a line of zoo balls and toys able to withstand bears, lions, and tigers!

Here is a meta-thread which contains a list of older threads mentioning many durable toys! (Scroll to the bottom entry)
Durable Toys Metathread
[notify]