GO!

My heart is breaking :o(

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  
Rocky *CGC*- With the- angels.

Gone but never,- ever forgotten- xxx

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 7:47am PST 
Today, I made an appointment with the vet for Rocky to be put to sleep cry

I'm distraught but know that it is the right thing to do.

Over the past couple of days Rocky has really deteriorated. His tumour is now double the size of a tennis ball on the outside so I can only imagine how big it is inside, he is very uncomfortable when he tries to lie down so now he has just resorted to standing up and trying to fight sleep. He cries randomly, I think it's out of frustration than anything else, wakes me up through the night ( atleast 3 times a night) and tends to get very stressed. He pants in the middle of the night which I'm guessing is stress and he's just very restless in general.

When I look at him, he's not his normal self. He has given up.

There's no life in his eyes anymore and I know he is done.

A lot of people on here told me that Rocky would let me know when he has had enough and I didn't know how that was possible. Now I do.

I have no doubt that he has had enough.

I'm distraught but know it is the best thing for him.

My mum, dad and sister are going to come and stay when the time comes which I am so grateful for.

He has been my best friend and constant companion for 10 years and it is the hardest decision I have ever had to make but my vet is and has been amazing and even he thinks Rocky is done now...

He will go in peace in the house and that is keeping me strong. I just can't believe I have one week left with him.

Thanks for all the support everyone has shown and I know when the time comes, there are some special people on this site that will help me through it.
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 8:37am PST 
hug
[notify]
Rocky *CGC*- With the- angels.

Gone but never,- ever forgotten- xxx

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 8:38am PST 
Thanks Savvy,

I forgot to add, I'm writing this from my iPad so excuse the spelling mistakes and whatnot, it's rather hard to fix mistakes on this thing.
[notify]

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 8:38am PST 
hug hug Sorry to hear this hug hug
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 8:43am PST 
hughughug I am sooo sorry. This is the suckiest time in our dog-loving souls. Trust you made the decision thinking of Rocky. Don't let anyone tell you how to grieve..or for how long, but do lean on others. There WILL come a day that you will smile, not weep, when you remember him. hughughug
[notify]
Molly

Shiba-dors rule!

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 8:46am PST 
hughughughugSo sorry to hear this. It's so painful, but try to take comfort in the fact that you are doing what is best for Rocky. He will know that you love him very much. hughughughughug
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 9:09am PST 
I'm so sorry. hughughug
[notify]
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 9:51am PST 
hughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Hucky and- Ringo