GO!

Shadow breed guesses

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Shadow-ADOPT- ED

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 11:24pm PST 
Some of you may have seen past posts about Shadow. He's still listed on pet finder. Anyway I thought it would be fun to see what breeds anyone sees in him.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/15960367

Check out the video for a better look.

If you know anyone that might be interested in him please let them know about him. He deserves to find a good home.
[notify]
Rocky *CGC*- With the- angels.

Gone but never,- ever forgotten- xxx

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 3:42am PST 
I would place my bet on Akita/Husky..

There is a tiny little bit of him that looks GSD-ey... But not enough to really pick it out.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 6:00am PST 
I also see Akita there. Husky and GSD are also both possible as part of the mix. Having had an Akita/GSD mix and having seen her siblings,some looking more GSD like mine and some looking very Akita it is pretty easy for me to see both but there is also something like Husky or Malamute in the mix as well.
[notify]

Buster

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 7:53am PST 
Akita definitely with something else maybe husky or gsd. Either way lovely looking dog.
[notify]
Artemis- Entreri

Master Assassin!

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 1:01pm PST 
To me he looks GSD/ Husky or ACD/Husky.
[notify]
Shadow-ADOPT- ED

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 11:18am PST 
I can really see all of the breeds mentioned. He's really an awesome looking dog, I wish I could have him, but four dogs is enough for us.
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 1:01pm PST 
I see a lot of ACD and Husky.. A little of something else but I can't tell.
His head is just so thick/wide and he has that big smile, which usually reminds me of ACDs.
[notify]
Shadow-ADOPT- ED

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 6:23pm PST 
I also forgot to mention he's very big, you can probably tell in the video. My Aunt originally had him and said he's huge and easily 100 pounds or more. So maybe he got that size from an Akita or Mal, or a big Shepherd.
[notify]
Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '12 6:01am PST 
I really don't see GSD at all. He's too heavily built, and the coat pattern is wrong (not impossible, but way against the norm for a GSDX).

Akita sounds more on-base. He could be a Malamute cross, but the blue eye and those ears had to come from somewhere which makes me think more Husky. Before you mentioned his size, I thought Husky crossed with some kind of bully or ACD, actually. But that wouldn't be a 100+ lb dog!
[notify]