GO!

Doggie Vits

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Goji

Barked: Sat Aug 25, '12 6:00am PST 
Anyone have an opinion on NuVet dog vitamins? Are they worth the price?
[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Sat Aug 25, '12 5:41pm PST 
No. They aren't that great, and if you are feeding a good food, they are completely unnecessary.
[notify]
Dexter

Mr. Nosy - I must- investigate- everything

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 6:55am PST 
We use NuVet, per our breeder's suggestion. However, I have been wondering if they are worth the cost ($55 autoship for 90 vits). There has to be a less expensive, yet effective vit we could try. Or...does he even need to take one? Thoughts?
(We feed him Blue Buffalo Lamb & Rice)
[notify]

Goji

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 8:28am PST 
I feed Wellness Core. My breed suggested them too. She uses them for her all of her dogs.
[notify]
Bowdu

party pooper

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 9:56am PST 
Absolutely not if your breeder is "requiring" them for their health guarantee to be valid.

Here is an interesting take on NuVet's nutritional claims:
http://skeptvet.com/Blog/2012/01/nuvet-supplementsame-old-s nake-oil/
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 3:14pm PST 
Those vitamins aren't really worth it my Saya's breeder gave me a pamphlet and told me to get the stuff and enter the code on it. My guess breeders get money or maybe discount on the vitamins for every pup owner who gets the vitamin? I have no clue..

Only Supplement Saya gets is Superflex velvet elk antler they're $54.99 auto ship and $59.99 if it's not autoship. You get 120pills.. Saya gets two a day.

http://www.natraflex.com/superflex.html

And green lipped mussel supplement it's for joint health too.

I payed 26$ for it, but it's now $44 on the amazon..
Comes with two bottles each have 90pills.. total of 180capsuls

http://www.amazon.com/Food-Science-Green-Lipped-Supplement-90-Co unt/dp/B001ECQ8VI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346191580&sr=8-1&keywords= green+lipped+mussel

Wellness core is good kibble I see no reason for supplement like that maybe fish oil or joint supplement if they need it..

If you want provide a treat give some cooked meat or cooked egg Bella who is kibble fed loves that stuff.

Saya is raw fed I try give her chicken feet twice a week really helps for joints..

The stuff seems rather gimmicky.
[notify]
Goji

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 8:10pm PST 
It was just suggested, there are no stipulation on the health contract for my puppy.
[notify]
Goji

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 8:16pm PST 
Thanks for all the links, I will definitely read up on this stuff.
[notify]