GO!

Coping with the loss of a loved one.

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '12 7:53am PST 
My beloved Tyson died on the 17th July 2012, he had a throat tumour. My world has been torn apart since his passing, i am utterly devestated and full of guilt that i could do nothing to help him. My baby boy was my world...and now i feel lost without him.cry

Edited by author Thu Aug 9, '12 8:01am PST

[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '12 8:09am PST 
Losing a friend is never easy. Go easy on yourself. I'm sure you gave Tyson a wonderful life. RIP Tysonlittle angel
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '12 9:25am PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's incredibly hard to lose a best friend. hug RIP, Tyson.little angel
[notify]

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '12 7:39am PST 
Thankyou for your kind thoughts, Tyson was 11.5 years i had him for 9.5 years, i just wish we could have had more time together, he was my poochy bum, who lit up my life the day we found each other. he was poorly for months and the biopsy on a lump in his throat came back negative, so he was given meds for infecton but he just got worse and they decided to put the camera down his throat to see what was wrong and found a massive bleeding tumour on his windpipe...he never came home, the vet said it would be cruel to bring him back for him to suffer...i couldn't put him through more suffering, i never got to say goodbye. and tell him i love him, i know he passed in his sleep while on the operating table but it breaks my heart that i wasn't there for him.puppy
[notify]

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '12 12:45am PST 
oh I am so very sorry for your loss. I had to put my beloved dog down Wed. evening; he had a big tumor on the thyroid gland. Leo was the love of my life for almost 13 years. For certain pets we humans share a special bond that we never forget. Hope you are doing well!
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '12 7:01am PST 
hughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 8:46am PST 
It has been six weeks since Ty's passing, and the pain doesn't get any easier, losing my special Poochy Bum is hard to accept, i know it will take months to come to terms without him i am just thankfull that we shared almost 10 happy years together. thankyou all for your your thoughts i appreciate that their are people who understand the loss of a loved one.dog
[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 7:09pm PST 
Sorry you lost a good friend. hughughughughughughughug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '12 9:47am PST 
It gets easier in time and how long that takes depends on the person and circumstances,in time you will be able to move on but you will never completely get over the loss of such a beloved friend and family member.hugwishes
[notify]
Chloe

A Dalmatian- Dynamo!

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 7:52am PST 
It's is always heartbreaking to lose a member of the family & who is closer to us then our pets. They live with us, play with us, greet us with joy when we come home (even if we've been out just to water the plants on the porch) & often sleep with us.
I found that something that helped me was to make an announcement and send it to my friends and relatives. The support I received in return was incredible, even from non dog-owning pals.
And I have memorials for each of my dogs. I had a plaque made for Dottie with a quote I found: "The love of a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be". I mounted it on a big rock in the garden and every time I go out there I think of Dottie & all she brought to my life.
The hurt will lessen over time but the love will always be there.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3