GO!

My dog eats fruit!

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Joush

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 2:54am PST 
Is it wierd for my dog to eat fruits? None of my friends dog are TRAINED to eat fruits? Does any of u guys feed them fruits?
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 5:35am PST 
Some of mine over the years have liked fruits and veggies,nearly all did as puppies but most outgrew it by adulthood with the exception of 2. I guess it's a matter of tastes just like people.big grin
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 5:46am PST 
Lucille loves fruit. So much so that if I'm cutting some up and don't give her a bit she gets mad. wink Apples, blueberries and peaches are her favorites. She loves some veggies, too, green peppers especially. I'm careful to only give a couple pieces about the size of a pencil eraser at a time, though, as a treat. Otherwise she might get rocketbutt.
[notify]

Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 5:59am PST 
All of my dogs, and any dog that has ever lived with me, eat fruit, veggies and berries. Probably because I do.
Sabi begs for carrots. Shadow prefers blueberries. My Bear dog used to pick crab apples off the tree. Dawn was fond of strawberries. They make great low calorie treats just watch the sugars. As with anything moderation is key.
[notify]
Steele

The Guardian

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 6:00am PST 
Imani loves any kind of food, no matter what it is. She'll eat lettuce with gusto. She's just crazy. lol So eating fruit or vegetables for her is normal compared to what else she'll eat. haha

Edited by author Thu Jul 19, '12 6:06am PST

[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 6:28am PST 
Eating fruit is a matter of the individual dogs taste. My sister's dogs like to eat apples and oranges, but Natasha doesn't like fruits at all, she prefers meat, potatoes, and grass. I've tried to get her to eat apples and other fruits but she refuses them.
[notify]
Tiara

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 4:01pm PST 
Many dog foods are adding fruit to the mix. So I think it is just fine. I also had some dogs that loved to eat fruit and veggies and the next could care less about them. it is just like people, we all like different things.
[notify]
Lucy Belle

The Pogo Stick

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 4:06pm PST 
Lucy Belle, Sally and Addie love fruit, especially bananas.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 4:32pm PST 
Bunny loves fruit and vegetables. He eats apples, bananas, carrots and cucumberssmile

Princesse asks for carrots, then just chews them up and spits them outshrug
[notify]
Joush

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 8:48pm PST 
to MIKA&KAI,
you are right it is no big deal. maybe they would like to try another taste. lol
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7