GO!

Can Someone Help Me Convert This?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Other posts by this user

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '12 9:27am PST 
I am awful at converting numbers into cups. I have changed the dogs food to the grain free Wilderness Blue Buffalo. I just can't figure out how much of a cup these numbers convert to. I used a dog food calculator factoring in activity level, weight, and calories.

0.42 cups- Faye (this is what I THINK is right 1/8 twice a day)

0.71 cups- Lacey (3/4 cup a day that I would split into two meals)

.34 cups- Honey

.57- Osha (1/4 twice a day)

Does what I worked out look right? I am still stumped on how much to feed "Honey" I know it will be a very small amount.
[notify]
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '12 11:09am PST 
0.42 cups- Faye - This would be around 3/8 cup (1/4 cup + 1/8 cup) per day

0.71 cups- Lacey (3/4 cup a day that I would split into two meals) - that's about right

.34 cups- Honey - this would be 1/3 cup per day, split that into the 2 meals

.57- Osha (1/4 twice a day) - that's about right

This looks like a good starting point. After feeding for a few weeks take note of their body condition and increase or decrease the amounts as needed to make sure they're at a good weight.
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '12 12:20pm PST 
Thanks for the help Bailey!way to go
[notify]

MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '12 1:16pm PST 
You're welcome!
[notify]
Joush

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 2:58am PST