GO!

Filling Ideas for Cow Hooves

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Barked: Sat Jul 14, '12 11:40am PST 
I got some dried hooves for my girls and I was wondering if anyone had good filling ideas other than the usual peanut butter. I was looking at the ones that come pre-filled with liver, cheese, or bacon flavored filling, but I didn't want to pick those up because I have no idea what's actually constituting the paste. If anyone has a homemade recipe for a liver filling that I can use to stuff Kongs and hooves that would be perfect, the girls love liver.

Thanks!
[notify]
Akina

Barked: Sat Jul 14, '12 5:35pm PST 
I don't have any recipes for liver filling, but sometimes I fill the dogs kongs with either pumpkin puree or sweet potato puree and freeze it. I'm sure it would work great in the cow hooves as well.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Jul 15, '12 5:13am PST 
Same here, finding responses for liver filling is extremely difficult...
[notify]