GO!

blood in stool

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Maddie

got any food???

Barked: Sun Jun 24, '12 11:43am PST 
So Maddie just went to the bathroom and her stools were solid but had bright red blood through out all of it!

Is it something I should be worried about?
[notify]
Chloe - 6/18/02 - 7/23/12

Anyone seen my- drool towel?

Barked: Sun Jun 24, '12 12:22pm PST 
Is she acting normal otherwise? i.e. eating, drinking, playing? Bright red blood usually indicates bleeding near the end of the anus and can be caused by a large, hard bowel movement, constipation, etc. and may be an isolated occurrence. Deep, deep red blood that looks like coffee grounds can indicate internal bleeding and needs to be addressed by a vet. If she were mine and is acting normal otherwise, I think I would keep a close eye on her and wait to check out her next bowel movement.
[notify]
Maddie

got any food???

Barked: Sun Jun 24, '12 12:35pm PST 
That's exactly what I thought! She seems okay otherwise and that was the first time she had gone all day. I'll keep an eye on her though. Thanks.
[notify]