GO!

Store said Diamond Food okay to purchase again?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Sambo Boy

Sambo..Baby Boy!

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '12 4:10am PST 
The store that sells premium pet food in my area said that they have been getting new shipments of Diamond Food and that is has been cleared by the FDA?

Is that true?
[notify]
Carter

Professional- Fetcher

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '12 6:48am PST 
I can't say for sure, but I think you've been misinformed that it has been approved by the FDA. I can't say it's NOT been approved either, I did some Google searches and checked around online on different sites, and this was the most informative article I could find: http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodSafety/CORENetwork/ucm302904.htm

I would stay away from Diamond Foods if I were you, they have had a lot of recalls and the last one was pretty bad. I'm not judging or trying to be rude, so I'm sorry if I'm coming across that way. I stay away from Diamond now because of all the recalls, it particularly scared me because Carter was on Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul but I switched him foods about two months before the recall so he wasn't effected.
[notify]
Lucy Belle

The Pogo Stick

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '12 9:27am PST 
I agree with Carter. I will never trust Diamond again.

What were you feeding your dog? I would be happy to help you find a new food.
[notify]

Phoebe, CGC

I'm a Brussel- Sprout!

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '12 10:10am PST 
Sambo, that may or may not be true - (I don't think it is from what I've read and heard) but whether it is or it isn't, it would be a long time, if ever, before I'd ever trust another Diamond product, or any of the ones made in one of their plants. If I were you, I'd be looking for another food. Maybe if you tell us which product you were feeding, and what swayed you to that food (ingredients, cost, availability?) we could help steer you to another one that would meet your needs.
[notify]
Sambo Boy

Sambo..Baby Boy!

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '12 11:13am PST 
My mommy did switch us to Nutrisource, but in one month they raised the price of a 33 pound bag by $8.00. I am now being switched over to FROMM. I was just checking since the store is restocking again.

I had been on Kirkland lamb and rice for a couple of years before all this happened.
[notify]
Tucker, CGC,- TDI

Bloggin' Dog

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '12 11:44am PST 
Fromm is great - and they have several different protein sources to rotate through, so I hope that one or more of them will suit your needs!
[notify]
Lucy Belle

The Pogo Stick

Barked: Mon Jun 4, '12 6:56pm PST 
Fromm is a fantastic food. We feed Fromm or By Nature.
[notify]
In Memory of Callie

Just call me Her- Magesty

Barked: Mon Jun 4, '12 7:16pm PST 
I will never buy any food made at a Diamond plant, again. Their quality control has some serious flaws in it and I am not going to give my money to a company that has so many issues.
[notify]
In Memory of Callie

Just call me Her- Magesty

Barked: Mon Jun 4, '12 7:21pm PST 
I have my dogs on Fromm, the boys are on the Pork and Applesauce and Callie is on the Whitefish and Potato. They are all doing awesome on it and actually better then on the Natural Balance. I order it online and it arrives at my door on a schedule and even delivered its cheaper then the Natural Balance.
[notify]
Darcy

All I need is- Love......

Barked: Mon Jun 4, '12 8:06pm PST 
We just switched Darcy over to Blue Buffalo. Grunt is on BB and Darcy was at the end of her Diamond bag... luckily it wasn't one of the recalled bags. Too scary to thing about what ifs..thinking
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3