GO!

Neeko's Wisdom Panel

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Neeko

I listen...when- I want to

Barked: Thu May 31, '12 4:55pm PST 
I found a super cheap Wisdom Panel Insights, and ran it on Neeko.

http://myrottendogs.blogspot.com/2012/05/wisdom-panel-resu lts.html

25% German Shepherd
25% Alaskan Malamute
12.5% Siberian Husky
37.5% Unknown

It was fun, and hardly cost me anything. smile
[notify]
Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Thu May 31, '12 7:18pm PST 
Wow, seems spot-on. I am still scratching my head at Bruno's results (Chihuahua, Shar Pei, Deerhound, Mixed/Unknown) but that seems totally reasonable for Neeko. I can absolutely see all of those breeds, and there's still room for a little mystery in the "Unknown" part. smile I suppose it's not very exciting if the test just confirms what everyone can see anyway, but it's good to have back-up. thinking
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Thu May 31, '12 7:51pm PST 
That's a pretty awesome result! Do you think the unknown could mean wolf?
[notify]

Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Thu May 31, '12 8:14pm PST 
Neeko does have a wolfy look. Of course he could be a mix bred to look like a wolf without any content.
[notify]
Neeko

I listen...when- I want to

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 5:33am PST 
She's a pretty mutt. I am impressed with the results, considering some results others have received, including Bruno's.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 7:26am PST 
Here's what I suspect, that 37.5 percent 'unknown' awhile back would have been listed as West Highland white terrier. Because just about every panel that came back when dog DNA testing was new included them due to the genetic foundation of dogs coming from the UK and the European continent. Most people ofcourse didn't have dogs that even remotely resembled a Westie...And they weren't readily listing such a large percent as 'unknown'. I knew breeders who were sending their dogs in for analysis when they knew the pedigrees going back over a hundred years just out of curiosity...and their results were all over the map, and always hitting on Westie even in sighthounds for whatever reason. At that time they were really inadequate.

I do see those breeds in Neeko. Good to know that they're refining their results parameters somewhat.
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 12:10pm PST 
This is quite possibly the first DNA test results that I have seen that seem accurate
[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Sat Jun 2, '12 2:35am PST 
Nicky- I used Wisdom Panel with Farley and his results were German Shepherd/Border Collie/Rough Collie/Lab/unknown.. I found it to be pretty accurate as well smile

Neeko- you are beautiful! Definitely a very wolfy look to you. big grin

Edited by author Sat Jun 2, '12 2:36am PST

[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Sat Jun 2, '12 2:59pm PST 
A lot of "wolfdogs" I see don't look didily squat like a wolf, but Neeko does have some pretty wolfy features (her structure sticks out to me as wolfy) that you don't normally see on "wolfdogs". She very well could have some actual wolf in her, but I'm certainly no expert on that.

The results do look spot on, though, which is pretty spiffy.
[notify]
Reagan

Reagan Fat Baby

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '12 12:08pm PST 
Neeko, how much was the Wisdom Panel test? I was considering doing them for all my dogs, but I only saw them so expensive!

And I am impressed with her results. Some of the others one I have seen made me go thinking
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2