GO!

Anyone feed these brands?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Tux

Tuff Marshmallow

Barked: Mon May 7, '12 6:01am PST 
With all the recalls I have started searching for another brand of dry food to fit the needs of my dogs.
Does anyone have information, good or bad, about these brands?

Blue Life Protection Formula
Fromm
Pinnacle Holistic
Merrick

I am interested in where the ingredients are sourced from if anyone knows that. I can always call the companies.
How about past history like recalls and such.
Anything else?
Thanks.
[notify]
Max (aka- Sebastian)

Lovin Life

Barked: Mon May 7, '12 1:17pm PST 
We've had luck with Blue Buffalo, Max eats the fish and sweet potato.
As far as recalls, I don't know of any, but I have no idea where thier ingrediants are sourced either, sorry.
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Mon May 7, '12 2:22pm PST 
Blue had a Vitamin D excess recall, that's all I can remember off the top of my head.
[notify]

Uno

I'm huntin'- wabbits

Barked: Mon May 7, '12 3:23pm PST 
I'm not really a a fan of Blue, their quality control seems to have gone down since they've expanded. I also dont care for merrick, they've had some issues in the past, especially with salmonella contamination of their treats.

I've heard pretty good things about fromm, small company, no recalls. Pinnacle is also a decent company.

Edited by author Mon May 7, '12 3:24pm PST

[notify]
Tux

Tuff Marshmallow

Barked: Mon May 7, '12 3:32pm PST 
Thanks for your responses. This is just the kind of info I am wanting.

applause
[notify]
Maggie

Barked: Tue May 8, '12 10:24am PST 
We are switching over to Fromm now. It is highly recommended by the people at The Paw Depot where I buy my dogs' food.
[notify]
Lucy Belle

The Pogo Stick

Barked: Tue May 8, '12 10:28am PST 
All of my dogs love Fromm. It is a great company- small, no recalls, high quality.
[notify]