GO!

Does anybody agree with me that this isn't my dog?....

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Shasta

Speed Demon

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '12 11:31pm PST 
Okay, so I saw this picture of a beautiful doggie, and of course I drew it. I thought "Yeah...this is a pretty good one-of-a-kind mutt right here!"

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l510/Nuts4Mutts/My Drawings/053.jpg?t=1333697967

Well, I showed it to some people, and EVERYBODY managed to think it was Shasta! After a few months of saying "Uhhhhh.....no.....this isn't Shasta....my opinion - huge difference....." people still wouldn't believe me, so I just gave up..... I don't care what they think... Haha.

So am I the only one who seems to notice that it is very unlike Shasta? [maybe it's because I'm the person who knows him best...] I mean #1. Shasta is a boy... #2. Shasta is black & tan, not one solid color...and he has no white on his chest. #3. His ears are bigger. #4. His snout is longer. #5. His jowls around his neck aren't as pronounced..... list goes on.....

Does anybody agree with me that this picture seriously is not Shasta?!?!?!?

THANK YOU!!!!!

[would also like posts for reasons you guys think it DOES look like him. way to go ]

Edited by author Mon Apr 16, '12 11:32pm PST

[notify]
Hannah - ADOPTED!!

Waiting for my- forever home

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '12 6:30am PST 
Ok, it's not Shasta! laugh out loud However, I can see how people would assume it's your dog.
#1. Why on earth would you NOT draw your own dog?! The horror! shock
#2. The ears fold back, proof positive it's your dog!!

Nice drawing! way to go
[notify]
Shasta

Speed Demon

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '12 9:32am PST 
Awww thanks for such a nice response. Thanks.... yeah. I actually did do one of his head, haha. [was my first attempt at realistic-drawing I'd done... http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l510/Nuts4Mutts/My%20Drawings/00 8.jpg?t=1333697966 ] I guess I will stick to either drawing JUST my dogs... or drawing dogs that look COMPLETELY different from mine..... Although once I drew a white & tan pit bull with cropped ears... and everybody thought it was my pit-mix Otto [solid tan, naturally flopped ears] shrug oh well.....
[notify]

Shasta

Speed Demon

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '12 9:33am PST 
[and how do you get a link to actually be a link instead of a copy-n-paste thing? Like how do you get it to be a word that you click on to go to the site? Does anybody know? (I learned once about a year ago, but completely forgot....)] red face

THANK YOU!
[notify]
Addy, CGC

Let's go for a- walk!

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '12 1:05pm PST 
Shasta, my friend and I have had people look at my PP Chinese Crested, her Maltese, and her 75-pound, black, male Briard, and ask if the big one is the mother of the two little ones.

Seriously.

I would not let yourself be bothered by people who think that picture is your dog.
[notify]
Hannah - ADOPTED!!

Waiting for my- forever home

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '12 9:04pm PST 
People's thought processes really amaze me, sometimes it's downright funny, other times it's agravating(depending on my mood). Of course I probably frustrate people with my opinions and thought processes as well, so we're even! laugh out loud People probably assume you're drawing your own dog because they aren't familiar with your dog or breeds in general.

Here's a link on how to make clicky links or hyperlinks, whatever they're called. For some reason, I've figured out how to make roll over photo links, but this one has evaded me. I've followed the directions to the letter and still can't get it, while others have no problems and get it right away. Oh, well.

http://www.dogster.com/forums/Tips_Tricks_and_Help_On_Dogst ercom/thread/414779
[notify]
Shasta

Speed Demon

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '12 10:55pm PST 
@ Addy: REALLY?!?!?! That's just.... wowwwww.... Craziness! One of my pet-peeves is when everybody calls my dog a German Shepherd [asking if he has GSD in him isnt so bad.... it's just when they say "I want a dog exactly like yours - a purebred GSD!" ], cuz he actually (though all the Dogsters I've told dont believe me, only pics they see of him) has only a very very tiny amount of Shepherd... his grandmother was about 1/3GSD possibly [I met her]... so that would only make him have a drop... He's just a big mutt with a tad bit of everything [believe-it-or-not he's even got wolf! His father was lab/wolf mix. It was pretty cool to find that out from his original owners] ANYWAYS, I've blabbed enough, haha

@ Hannah: Yes yes definitely going to agree! Yeah yeah yeah.... we all have our shares of "blonde moments" *facepalm* Some people do get on my nerves.... they manage to say the dummest things when I'm in the worst of moods too! Oh well.... I'm sure I've said some pretty humiliating things to some people who just weren't in the mood for it too.......

Thanks for the link! [there was an accidental space in it, but I figured that out & fixed it, Haha] happy dance
[notify]
Sirius- Padfoot- Black

Too clever for- Mom's own good!- :)

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 10:19am PST 
Shasta, there's always an accidental space in url's posted to Dogster. No idea why, but it's been that way since I joined, a few years ago. laugh out loud It's the find-the-space game, cause if you post the same url, the space will appear in a different spot.
[notify]
Shasta

Speed Demon

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 10:45am PST 
Really? Haha.... well guess ya learn somethin' new every day. I know very little about Dogster still I think..... thinking

By the way, Sirus is SO beautiful! I was right too.... just 'cause a dog is black & tan doesn't mean it's got GSD as a primary breed... (Assuming you guys don't see GSD in Sirus?) It still drives me insane that NOBODY believes me that Shasta's got little-to-no GSD in him [they will always see his color and say "Yep, GSD all the way" ugggghhhh!!!!!]. Sorry.... that's just my ultimate pet-peeve... people saying Shasta is most-to-all GSD [that's just crazy that some people say my 45lb, curly-tailed, flop-eared, long-legged mutt is a purebred GSD...... ]

Thanks for the post!!!!! =D
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 11:47am PST 
I see the resemblance to Shasta in the ears and tail, structurally though I wouldn't see much similarity I don't think.
Difficult to tell without seeing him in person though smile

I definitely share your "purebred GSD" pangs lol.
At least once each time I bring Rigby out "oohhhh look at the German Shepherd puppy!"
Or "Is that a shepherd husky mix?"
Or "Definitely some shepherd in that one!"

Failing to notice that she is full grown and 25lbs.
naughty

But she fits in perfectly with the rest of my mistaken breeds.
Oz, a purebred beagle is frequently called a JRT mix.
Cobain the purebred Border Collie is always a Golden/Aussie mix shrug

At least with Rigby we don't 100% know what she is lol.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2