GO!

Microchip

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Tessa

Tessa loves to- play with Teddy- & Mader

Barked: Sat Apr 14, '12 3:02pm PST 
Do you have it?
[notify]
Talah CGC

Suska's- Sanderling- Tailwind

Barked: Sat Apr 14, '12 3:17pm PST 
The bigger dogs and cats have one, and Talah will be getting hers at her spay. I wouldn't definitely suggest one. Research which chip is the best for your area though, some are more common in certain areas and they aren't necessarily all scannable by one scanner. We use Home Again, which seems to be the most reliable and prominent. I would recommend only having it done on a small dog while they're under anesthesia though, as the needle is HUGE compared to the smaller dogs and cats. The bigger dogs don't seem to notice though.
[notify]
Ch. Ali, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!

Barked: Sat Apr 14, '12 4:53pm PST 
I do all my toy poodles at 5 weeks...3/4 lb average weight, with no issues. They were designed for identifying birds, remember, and the average dog, even a toy breed, is way larger than a lovebird or a cockatiel.
[notify]

Keira

Mommy's Girl

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '12 1:12am PST 
Definitely! I got Keira's done at her spay, 5 1/2 months old. Bruce and Mei Li will get theirs done when they get altered.
[notify]
Cali

Little dog, big- package!

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '12 6:07am PST 
Cali got hers at 8 weeks old before we brought her home at 9 weeks. She was only 2.5lbs when she gots her done, it's a pretty safe procedure and it's worth it for that added sense of security. smile
[notify]
Remi

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '12 11:09am PST 
My lab mix Abby got hers before we adopted her. My boxer hasn't gotten one yet, but hopefully soon. And Remi(currently 7 weeks and still with the breeder) will be getting her's when she's older and we take her in to be spayed.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '12 12:33pm PST 
My shelter mutt got his when I purchased him from the shelter and I had Onyx's done when I took him in for his puppy vaccinations. I plan to chip all my future dogs.
[notify]
Wyatt

RATS, give me- RATS!

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '12 4:04pm PST 
All of my dogs are microchipped. I think its really important in case they get lost.
[notify]
Keeva

My name is- Gaelic for- "Gentle"

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '12 6:31pm PST 
Keeva just got her microchip when she was spayed on Friday. applause
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '12 8:36pm PST 
Angus and Loki got theirs when they were neutered. Loki actually got his without anesthesia. they forgot to do it while he was under. He had no problem. I haven't done Todd yet but I plan to.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3