GO!

What kind of mutt am I?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Billie Jean

Each day is a- precious gift

Barked: Mon Mar 26, '12 1:13pm PST 
Just wondered because I was found at 5 weeks old and looked like a pit bull....until my ears stood up that is. Now we have no idea. My Mum listed me as a cattledog/pit mix but we really don't know. Any clues? Pics of me growing up on my page. shrug
[notify]
Keira

Mommy's Girl

Barked: Sat Mar 31, '12 1:23am PST 
I think your Mom hit as close to spot on as possible smile
I would have guessed cattle dog/ Pit mix too.
[notify]
Billie Jean

Barked: Sat Mar 31, '12 11:39am PST 
Thank you Keira. I think what throws us off is that I act nothing at all like a cattle dog, having no herding tendencies whatsoever, or any other cattle dog traits that we have read about. Now pit bull tendencies is a whole other matter, I have lots of those BOL.
[notify]

Keira

Mommy's Girl

Barked: Sat Mar 31, '12 3:12pm PST 
That's the funny thing about genetics laugh out loud You throw a good mix in a bag and your chances of pulling out exactly what you want is lowered! Once upon a time... haha kidding! But once, I had a JRT/Peke mix and she got nothing of the JRT except that her fur was on the shorter side, and her nose wasn't as pugged. All in all, her personality was that of a Peke, laid back and slightly spoiled diva. Then I had a Bernese Mtn Dog/ Aussie Shep. mix... who was ALL Aussie in demeanor wink You just never know! Of course, She could be any number of breeds and mixes, manifesting in that cattle dog/ Pit look.... but if I'm going on looks alone, without knowing the parentage, that's what I would guess smile
[notify]
Bruno

Dinogator

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '12 2:50pm PST 
Bruno is a purebread Pit Bull and he's ears are up naturally.... They had 2 in the litter who's ear went up... Probably the Bull Terrier somewhere down the line..
[notify]
Billie Jean

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '12 6:10pm PST 
Yes, we've seen some pitties with ears that stand up, but never as big as my ears BOL. They seem very big for my face.
[notify]