GO!

No paper for dog how do i find out if she's mixed ?.

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Jada

Barked: Tue Mar 20, '12 5:36pm PST 
Ive been told by many she has beautiful markings. but always wondered and have been told certain things will tell you if shes pure or not ? any ideas, although i love her just the same no matter what smile
[notify]
Sakari

Divas can get- dirty too !

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 12:41pm PST 
She looks all husky to me.
[notify]
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Mon Mar 26, '12 11:14am PST 
Unless you have a pedigree in front of you, you can't know for sure - and even then, accidents happen. A bitch can carry puppies from up to 4 different males at a time.

Most of the time you can make a pretty good guess by comparing your dog to show dogs of the same breed. If they look alike, it's a good bet they're purebred. There are some markers you can look for, but they are not 100% reliable. Any trait linked to a recessive gene will be more likely to disappear in a mixed breed (provided that other breed involved does not carry the same recessives).
[notify]

Kaija- Tikaani

Kai Kai The- Foxy-Faced Husky

Barked: Sat Apr 7, '12 7:13am PST 
Take her to a husky expert: Someone who shows, breeds and/or does Husky rescue. When Sesi died I could not afford the pedigree so we got Kaija from a private party. The people were not knowledgeable about huskies. They had the parents and were marketing the puppies as husky/hybrid. Parents looked purebred. The puppies were: 1. dark chocolate copper, 2. light chocolate copper, 3. lighter copper, 4. Agouti and the other two I did not see. The father looked purebred: a light chocolate copper. The mother looked purebred: a dilute black and white. I took Kaija to a person who has showed, bred and done rescue work. The expert told us that many people think they have a hybrid when they don't. She said there are types of huskies that don't fit the standard opinion of what a husky should look like and an Agouti is one of those. With the puppies being predominantly the recessive chocolate copper coat with amber or blue eyes being a mix is less likely and there being an Agouti in the puppies, the suspect ancestor was likely an Agouti husky. She told me that Kaija looks full husky, has a husky temperament, stands like a husky, walks and runs like a husky. In fact, she thought she was close to show standards. The expert feels sure that Kaija is purebred. She told me that one ancestor was probably an Agouti husky, which has a wolfish appearance and which people might think was hybrid. I'm satisfied feeling that Kaija is purebred based on an expert opinion.
[notify]