GO!

Is it possible that my female pom is in heat?? :(

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Oreo

Barked: Mon Jan 2, '12 4:06pm PST 
Hey,
So my sister told me that my male pom mated me female pom! They told me that they were stuck! I wasnt planning to breed her yet! It wasn't on purpose! So please don't write rude comments..... Is it possible that she might get some puppies? I hope she doesnt! I didnt want to breed her yet! She's only 8 month I know that it's bad but i really didnt do it on purpose! Please tell me if she might get some puppies?

she got out of her cage because my mom let her out and i was at my brother's house! And I think oreo was there the whole night.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Mon Jan 2, '12 4:20pm PST 
I would get her to your vet and get her spayed right away! Otherwise, you most likely WILL have a baby having babies.
Obviously all our advice about dealing with a female dog in heat fell on deaf ears.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Jan 2, '12 7:56pm PST 
I agree with Toto. Get her to a vet NOW!! You asked for advice and were given alot of excellent advice that you chose not to follow. Your Mother letting her out is not an excuse. Your dog,your rules and responsibility. Now you need to fix the problem. Good Luck.
[notify]

Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Mon Jan 2, '12 8:01pm PST 
" I wasnt planning to breed her yet!"

Oh. I had answered your question in the puppy forum but I missed this little word "yet" in your post. oh sigh. So I guess you won't spay her because you do want to breed her, just you didn't right now. Ok, but your profile says you're 13 so you're in school all day. How were you going to be there if any complications arose? What does your mom say about breeding her? Has your mom ever bred a dog before? Where did your pom come from - was your mom planning to get genetic health tests? frown

It's alot to give up when you wanted to breed. Who wouldn't want to see puppies from the dogs we love so much but sometimes we have to sacrifice what we want for the ones we love, that's your pom she needs to be spayed for her health now.
[notify]
Oreo

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 4:25pm PST 
umm its mine and my sister which is in college.
[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 4:31pm PST 
Yikes...Oreo, do you at all understand the gravity of the situation? If you're 13 years old, you're old enough to fully comprehend these things.

Yet, your replies are very minimal, and you did not take one bit of advice to prevent the situation. And you also are not stating what you are currently going to do about your mistake nor are you answering any questions. It doesn't seem like you're taking dog ownership seriously at all.

I just hope some of our replies are getting through even with the lack of communication on your part.shrug
[notify]