GO!

Vita Gravy

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Rosey Belle- Stewart

Mommy, let\'s- Snuggle!

Barked: Sun Nov 20, '11 7:59pm PST 
Today I went to big lots and got the digs some vita gravy to go over their food. The ingrediants seem pretty good.. Here's the link to show you the ingrediants. http://healthpronutrition.com/images/skinandcoat.png

Rosey and Sweetpea's Mom - Darci
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Sun Nov 20, '11 9:04pm PST 
I don't really get why it uses "Vegetarian Beef Broth" (or Chicken in the other flavor) but it doesn't seem totally awful. I do remember, a friend got it for his dog... It became the only way to get him to eat his food (Dog Chow..) wink
[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Sun Nov 20, '11 9:12pm PST 
I find it odd too, that it uses "vegetarian beef/chicken broth". I wonder what that is, exactly. Obviously the product isn't meant to be beef or chicken free, seeing as they do both contain "natural beef/chicken" flavoring further down the ingredient list.
Honestly if I were looking for a kibble topper I'd just use natural low-sodium pure beef/chicken broth. Natural, real flavor and without all the additives. I am unsure as to why they feel the need to sell a gravy with vitamins and minerals in it when all kibbles are "complete and balanced". thinking
[notify]

Rosey Belle- Stewart

Mommy, let\'s- Snuggle!

Barked: Mon Nov 21, '11 6:24am PST 
Well you know, my dogs really like it. Might be worth trying if your dog is being a picky eater.. I tasted it as well and it tastes good lol laugh out loud

Edited by author Mon Nov 21, '11 6:27am PST

[notify]
Glacier

Slick as Ice

Barked: Tue Nov 22, '11 12:27pm PST 
We put it in the Kongs from time to time, it doesn't seem like an awful treat. However, it should be considered a treat and given in moderation. There was a dog we kept who had it mixed with every meal and it gave him really loose stools.
[notify]
Tiara

Barked: Wed Nov 23, '11 5:48pm PST 
I have had it a couple of times for my boys when it was onsale. I just used it almost like a treat over their food. They did not seem to eat it any better then when I did nto use it. So I guess that was why I did nto buy it again. I do see your point of having a picky eater, in this case it may work. I guess I am lucky at this time not to have one like that. If it helps them to eat, use it. It did not look real bad and it did smell good when I used it.
[notify]
Diesel

Horns beneath- his halo

Barked: Wed Nov 23, '11 6:47pm PST 
DZ uses it every day - he loves it and his coat has improved.
[notify]
Diesel

Horns beneath- his halo

Barked: Wed Nov 23, '11 6:48pm PST 
DZ uses it every day - he loves it and his coat has improved.
[notify]
Quincy- FM TFE-II- TDIAOV CGC

I have just met- you and I LOVE- you!

Barked: Wed Nov 23, '11 7:44pm PST 
I got some of that from Big Lots, too. Not awful ingredient-wise, and it's a special treat for them. We all deserve a special treat every now and then wink
[notify]