GO!

Ticks

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Mon Nov 14, '11 9:54am PST 
If you pull off a tick and don't get the head out, could the body of the tick grow back. I know this sounds stupid, but I don't know if a tick grew back because the head was left in or I pulled something off Hucks face that wasn't a tick and it's growing back. Yes, I know, I am making an appointment with the vet.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Mon Nov 14, '11 10:01am PST 
Not the body will not grow back. Sometimes if you miss the head it will fall out on it's own... Taking your pup to the vet is the best thing... Good luck! way to go
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Nov 14, '11 7:04pm PST 
Hucky,
No a tick cannot grow back. It sounds as though you have the other options covered. It could be that you did pull off the body of a tick and there is either a localized infection or some type of cyst formed to protect the injured area. Good Luck at the vet! Please let us know what you find out.
[notify]

Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Tue Nov 15, '11 6:39am PST 
I have an appointment for Sat. morning with the vet. I explained it to the vet tech and she said that it sounds like it's just a skin tag. I feel so bad if that's what it is cause I pulled the first one off with a tweezer.cry
[notify]
Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Mon Nov 28, '11 9:26am PST 
Well, I took Huck to the vet and there's good news and bad news. The dr. cut off the growth and sent it for a biopsy. The good news is the results came back not cancerous. The bad news is that in 6 months since his last vet visit, he only lost 4 ounces. cry
[notify]
Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Mon Nov 28, '11 1:45pm PST 
Good news about the lump. Can you increase Hucky's exercise an extra 30 minutes a day? How is the homecooked diet going? For dogs who eat a raw food diet it is said that their weight can increase because they gain more muscle mass. Maybe it's the same for homecooking and Hucky really lost more than the scale can show?
[notify]
April

Busy bee

Barked: Mon Nov 28, '11 5:56pm PST 
Really good to hear that it was not cancerous!
[notify]
Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Tue Nov 29, '11 9:35am PST 
Now that the weather is alot colder, he's getting more friskier. I'm still cooking for them. Maybe I'm feeding them too much, although his body is getting that curve back instead of it running a straght line from neck to tail. He is a very strong and muscular dog
[notify]
Grunt CGC

WWGD or What- Would Grunt Do?

Barked: Wed Nov 30, '11 2:46pm PST 
We moved to NW PA and the ticks are horrible here! We keep the pups on Advantix 12 months out of the year! hamster dance Even when there is snow on the ground my furkids will come in with the occasional tick...thinking
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Wed Nov 30, '11 3:53pm PST 
Huck, just remember muscle is heavier than fat...cheer
[notify]