GO!

widgets

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

DunKen Kendal

The little man

Barked: Sun Sep 25, '11 9:30am PST 
How can I post my dogs widget in my profile page on facebook?
[notify]
Simon- "Valentino"

Barked: Tue Nov 15, '11 8:55pm PST 
Actually, I'm looking for the same answer. Has anyone posted their widget on their fb page?
Thanks
[notify]
Bella

If it's moving,- chase it. If- not, eat it

Barked: Thu Dec 1, '11 5:22pm PST 
I want to know as well. I read in a post that you can past the webpage link in a wall comment but I'm certain many people will assume it is some virus or scam and won't click on it. It's so frustrating because I want to show off my pooch but can't find any information using a widget on FB frown
[notify]

Webster

Eternally in- love with- Katie...

Barked: Thu Dec 1, '11 10:50pm PST 
It's a fairly simple process... but stuff won't always work. It all depends on the code offered by the website where you find the widget. Some are designed for specific sites, like Myspace.com for example, while others are generic and will work almost anywhere. And some sites just have crappy codes! frown

To add a widget to your page, copy the code presented to you on the site where you found it. On Dogster/Catster, go to your page and click on the little arrow next to "select task" in the drop-down box near the top of your page, then click on "edit profile". On the next page that loads up, click on "Funstuff". Then you will see either one group of various-sized boxes, or nine groups of them if you have a Plus membership.

The small box on the left is for an optional label. Use it, if you wish, to give a brief title or caption for your widget.

The largest box is where you paste in the code for the widget.

On the right is a small box where you can enter a height value (in pixels) for the widget. If you know its height, enter it there. You can just leave it blank, in which case it will automatically be set to 300 when you save your changes. Getting this right might take some trial and error... too big a number will leave a buch of blank space below your widget, and too small a number will allow your widget to overlap the stuff below it. But don't worry, having the wrong value won't do any damage; it only affects the appearance.

There is also a tiny box on the left side that says "Show in profile". Click that box to put a check in it; if you don't, your widget will not appear on your page.

Finally, click on either "Save Funstuff" or "Save All" (or words to that effect, my memory is lame!) and then go see how it looks on the page. Here's a tip: The first thing that should appear below your widget is the line that says "I've been on Dogster (or Catster) since:". If you can't see that line, go back and edit that height value to make it bigger.

Good luck and have fun decorating your page! big grin

Edited by author Thu Dec 1, '11 10:56pm PST

[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Wed Dec 14, '11 8:41pm PST 
Webster..

they want to post their dogster dog widget from dogster to facebook.. I think.. not being on the faceless site.. I cant help.......
[notify]
Sydney

I'm a Punk- Rocker with a- Poodle Brain.

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 9:49am PST 
I run my blog, Dog Leader Mysteries (.com) on WordPress. For some reason, badges and photo badges from Dogster and Blog Paws will not work on my Widgets.

Any tips for me? Thanks.
[notify]
Webster

Eternally in- love with- Katie...

Barked: Sat Jan 28, '12 9:52pm PST 
Sorry I blew it in my previous post! red facered facered face

If you can successfully post other images in your blog entries or your FB page, you could always resort to taking a screen-grab of the widget and using that pic. You could include a link to the Dogster page to make it work like the widget would.
[notify]
Natcho

LabraDORK

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 1:36pm PST 
Dogster widgets won't work on Facebook because it doesn't support HTML coding.
[notify]