GO!

Micro Puppies. =O

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Wed Aug 24, '11 11:36pm PST 
Micro puppies.... First I come across micro piglets... selling for around $2000 a 7 week old piglet... now... MICRO puppies?! First miniature, then mini, then teacup.... Now micro...?

And the breeder.... shock

http://www.cuteteacuppuppies.com/

I don't even know what to say or think...Registered with the KKC and FCI? WHAT... in the world?

Kennesaw Kennel Club Inc? What's that...?
And Fédération Cynologique Internationale is the other one I came up with...?

How legit are these? I certainly never heard of them until now. And with a breeder like this... I can only imagine...

What do you think dogsters? LOTS of red flags came up on the breeder website for me.
[notify]
Abner

Basset Hound- with a Flatty- suit on

Barked: Thu Aug 25, '11 2:29am PST 
They give you a discount if you buy more than one puppy.

Eww.
[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Thu Aug 25, '11 5:53am PST 
shock

Although from what I understand FCI is actually considered pretty reputable in the international world. They aren't really known in the US much due to the AKC. I believe the FCI breeds compete in the UKC events in the US (but that I'm not 100% sure about).

Of course, if these 'breeders' started out with registered dogs, its quite easy to continue to register them. It just pedigree-no matter if they are breeding for things that aren't really what the breed is about.
[notify]

Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Thu Aug 25, '11 6:17am PST 
No dog should be this small. I don't care how cute they are, because obviously -- the're eerily cute. It's not healthy, not natural, and frankly, not safe. How is it safe to have a 1 lb Yorkie running around your house for 15 years (if they even live that long)? SOMETHING is going to happen to that dog. These people are breeding 100% for the money, and the're making A LOT of money out of people's stupidity. 4,500 dollars for a runt Pomeranian? You've got to be kidding me.

I'm over-protective of my "small" dog, and he's around 17 lbs. I can't even imagine that. confused
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Thu Aug 25, '11 7:02am PST 
They look like aliens!!! Really sickly hydrocephalic aliens...

I was very sad to see a chocolate poodle there. frown
[notify]
Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Thu Aug 25, '11 7:56am PST 
While they're super cute, i can see the alien resemblance Tanuk refers to! They have such huge, almost oval shaped heads! The Poms also remind me of fluffy Hamsters too shock The prices they're attaching to these pups is unreal. Who has that kind of money?
[notify]
BRT

Please, be nice - ... or else!

Barked: Thu Aug 25, '11 8:33am PST 
What I find most disturbing about this, and other similar sites, is not"
- the $ole underlying purpo$e behind the breeding of the$e puppie$,
- nor is it those those "bargain" prices charged,
- and it's not even the fact that they're imported from Korea, where you can still go into a restaurant and be served a beautifully cooked dog ...

But it's the overall slickness and professionalism of the site which, undoubtedly, drives sales of these wonderful specimens. This is a very well designed site. Sadly frightening!

I'm not sure if most puppies are still purchased from pet shops, but on-line snake-oil salespeople such as these, represent the future of unethical puppy sales to ignorant "consumers".
[notify]
Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Thu Aug 25, '11 8:35am PST 
Beautifully said, BRT. applause
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Thu Aug 25, '11 9:04am PST 
If their dogs are purebreds imported from Korea, then they can be and apparently are registered with the Korean KC, a participant in the FCI.

It doesn't mean much more than being "AKC" registered. Just means they're likely purebred. As far as I know the Korean KC has no requirements on evaluation or health tests for registration, unlike some other FCI-member countries.
[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Thu Aug 25, '11 9:32am PST 
REALLY wishing there was a "dislike" button on facebook.... silenced
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2