GO!

How did you come up with your dogs name?

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
☯Gabby☯

keep a wagging- your tail

Barked: Sun Jul 10, '11 6:19pm PST 
Hi I came up with gabbys name is it seemed my friend used to have a dog named gabby and I loved it.So can you tell me how you came up with your dogs name?smile
[notify]
Bingley,- Emmett &- Martika

Little Ewoks

Barked: Sun Jul 10, '11 6:39pm PST 
Bingley is named after "Mr. Charles Bingley", a character in my favorite book, Pride and Prejudice (I read that book at least once a year, lol).

Emmett is named after "Doc" Emmett Brown from Back to the Future puppy

Martika is named after my favorite elephant at the Cleveland Zoo.
[notify]
☯Gabby☯

Barked: Sun Jul 10, '11 6:41pm PST 
I love that book and do you have peaks?dog
[notify]

Little Ewoks

Barked: Sun Jul 10, '11 6:43pm PST 
No, is that a book series? puppy
[notify]
Tyson

Ball?! Did- someone say- BALL?!!!!!

Barked: Sun Jul 10, '11 7:06pm PST 
Tyson's name came from Mike Tyson. He used to nibble on my hubby's ears when they snuggled.

The first ferret we had, we ended up naming Buddy as my hubby said we should wait and see what his personality was like before naming him. Well, that was we called him while we were waiting and as it turned out it suited him quite well. Buddy named our second ferret (we got a female for companionship; both speutered), Baby, when he would drag her around like a baby/kit.

Leo was our most recent cat and I named him for his astrological sign. Turns out that he did have the heart of a lion as he frequently hunted prairie dogs. He was the most amazing cat I've ever had the privilege of owning or being owned by. He would go from fierce hunter outside to loving snuggle-puss inside.
[notify]
☯Gabby☯

Barked: Sun Jul 10, '11 7:07pm PST 
No peak is short for pekingese its a dog breed.But a good book is real dogs dont wisper book.
[notify]
☯Gabby☯

Barked: Sun Jul 10, '11 7:11pm PST 
I like the name Tyson and buddy smile and babe and your cats name aswell. Very good namesbig grin
[notify]

Little Ewoks

Barked: Sun Jul 10, '11 7:53pm PST 
Lol, oh ok, no, my dogs are all shih tzu puppy
[notify]
☯Gabby☯

Barked: Sun Jul 10, '11 8:39pm PST 
They are so cute how old are they?
[notify]
Elka, NTD

Where's Gumby?

Barked: Sun Jul 10, '11 8:59pm PST 
The Doberman is a German breed, so we wanted a German-sounding female name. I liked Lorelei a lot, but my fiance didn't. He wanted something from the Nibelungenlied, and I really did not. Can you imagine saying "Kreinhild" over and over again during the course of your day? I couldn't. Then my fiance remembered a girl who had been in his high school whose name was Elka, and that really appealed to me. It's short and sharp to say, and evokes the legginess that my dog has.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9