GO!

Been told its now a spinal cell sarcoma

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

Molly Doll (- In Loving- Memory)

Living life to- to the full at- the bridge

Barked: Mon Jul 4, '11 8:15am PST 
We were told last week that Molly had bone cancer with masses to the lungs,another biopsy was done last week and the vet as called to say Molly now as Spinal cell sarcoma, amputation is not an option but chemo is.
I am now more confused than ever and I can't find any information on spinal cell sarcoma.
Any advise would be grateful
Many thanks
dog
[notify]
Shannon

I\'m so pretty!

Barked: Mon Jul 4, '11 12:05pm PST 
Hi Molly,

I found this on SPINDAL cell sarcoma, is this the prognosis?

http://www.vetinfo.com/spindle-cell-sarcoma-in-dogs.html

Trea tment Options for Spindle Cell Sarcoma

Due to the fact that the spindle cell sarcomas don’t grow at a speedy rate, surgery is often the course of treatment chosen. Surgery can be advised if the spindle cell sarcoma is located in a single area and doesn’t seem to affect neighboring organs. The vet will perform a few x-rays and ultrasounds to make sure the neighboring organs are not affected by the cancerous cells.

The surgery will involve general anesthesia and should be performed as soon as possible, to prevent the development of the tumor.

After the surgery, the vet will recommend a chemotherapy, which will put an end to the growing of cancerous cells. The dog should be checked periodically, as after the surgery the spindle cell sarcoma may grow back.

If the tumor is metastasized, surgery cannot be performed and the prognosis is poor.

Read more: Spindle Cell Sarcoma in Dogs - VetInfo

Hopefully this helps you
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jul 4, '11 1:53pm PST 
Thanks Shannon for that information, sadly Mollys cancer as spread to her lungs so an operation is out of the question. We will carry on doing what we have been doing and pray for the best.
Many thanks once again
Molly and Rachel xx
[notify]

In Memory Of- Fade

Mommy's Guardian- Angel

Barked: Tue Jul 5, '11 11:01am PST 
I just wanna say that you need to look into chemo for a dog. Many dogs are miserable on this, and I personally would never put a dog through it. I would feel selfish. Especially if it's a super old dog. I'm not saying it's out of the question, just make sure you have her feelings as your first priority.

I'm sorry that you have to go though this. hug
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jul 6, '11 10:16am PST 
Thanks for your message Fade,we are still waiting on the oncologist to see what they say,at the moment we are doing down the holistic route with Molly. Shes only 10 so I am unsure about chemo and unsure what to do best for her,shes still got fight in her so we will do all we can but I watched my own mother go through chemo and it was awful and did no good for her.
Until I speak with the oncologist my mind is still open
xx
[notify]
Chloe

OG- Original- Goberian

Barked: Thu Jul 7, '11 9:07am PST 
hughughughug

You're in our thoughts and pawrayers, Molly!

hughughughug
[notify]
♥- DarlaMae - ♥

I Am- Iron Nose- !

Barked: Thu Jul 7, '11 7:13pm PST 
hughughugMolly & familyhughughug
Keeping you in our prayers each day!
hugkissingmeditate flowershug
[notify]