GO!

I got a card in the mail.

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Maya - In Loving- Memory

BSL: Educate,- don't- discriminate.

Barked: Tue Jun 7, '11 9:49am PST 
From the vet clinic that put down Maya. Two cards, actually and a book mark. One card saying "When you lose a pet.... When we lose a beloved pet, we lose a part of our family. Pet's don't just live with us, they laugh with us, they share with us, and they love with us. May you love you shared live forever in your heart." and then signed to the 'Smith Family' they wrote in their own writing "Every pet is special in its unique way of loving life. May your memories of Maya forever hug your heart." and they all signed it and in memory of Maya, made a donation to the Humane Society.

What a way to bring on the tears. The other card was talking about the Rainbow Bridge that so many of us know about. Talking about how the pet is happy, healthy, but they still miss the people they left behind, and eventually, the owner will see their pet there again.. etc.

So depressing. It's a nice touch from the clinic though.

My way of keeping her in my loving memory? My tribute to her? Her paw print is going to be tattooed on me, and used as the logo for any pet related things I do, such as when I start dog training. Also, in loving memory of her, I continue began helping rescue organizations and am a new foster parent with the Beagle rescue.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Tue Jun 7, '11 10:06am PST 
How beautiful. We got a card/letter from our vet after Turner passed. I cried for an hour after reading it. When it came time to pick up his ashes the message was, "When you feel comfortable to pick up Turner." I thought that was so nice.
[notify]
Alice

I am the Keeper

Barked: Tue Jun 7, '11 10:17am PST 
the vet clinic used when I came to the bridge sent a card, 3 months AFTER, saying I was due for my shots. and it had a yellow lab on it.

after my dad got off the phone with them, they were our EX vet clinic
mom was a blubbering idiot for 3 days! she had finally stopped.

angel feather kisses to you.
[notify]

River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Tue Jun 7, '11 10:23am PST 
hug very touching hug

My clinic has a web page set up and all are invited to place a memorial...

Alice...I am so saddened the EX vet did that....very heartless...
[notify]
In Memory Of- Fade

Mommy's Guardian- Angel

Barked: Tue Jun 7, '11 11:20am PST 
We never got one when Fade passed. Pretty rude I think.
[notify]
Lil Girl - R.I.P- Sweetheart

Barked: Tue Jun 7, '11 11:36am PST 
I never got a card for Charley, but Lil Girls said

"Some people have never seen an Angel, but you got to hold one in your arms"
and it was signed from everyone at the vet.
[notify]
Jackson

Christmas Eve- Baby

Barked: Wed Jun 8, '11 4:04am PST 
Our oldest dog, Georgie, passed away (PTS) at 14 years old in July 2008. He was bleeding internally from a tumor. Our regular vet was not available, but his associate (who we also knew fairly well) was. The clinic sent a card signed by the staff w/ an added personal note from the associate, along w/ a donation notice. Our regular vet sent a personal card, and I appreciated the fact that his words were chosen with thought and personal sentiment. Having cared for Georgie (and his family) for 10 years, such a loss touches the family vet also.

I think sending a card or acknowledgement on the vet's part shows care and thoughtfulness. I can also see that the lack of one might depend on available administration staff (if any) and length/frequency & relationship.
[notify]
☯Gabby☯

keep a wagging- your tail

Barked: Wed Jun 8, '11 11:59pm PST 
I have yet to pass but my big brothers passed in 09 and my other brother passed in 07. And I think that is so nice what the vet did.I have to but them up p.s he might need wings.cloud 9little angelhug

Barks and Woofs

Gabby and Baily the tail wagging sisters
[notify]
Daisy Mae

water=heaven!

Barked: Thu Jun 9, '11 8:41pm PST 
When my 16 yr old cat was p.t.s., we got a card from the emergency clinic about 6 weeks after she was gone. She was my best friend; she's been gone for 20+ years & I still think of her every day. When I got that card, I just broke down all over again. It was really thoughtful of them to send it, but I was just at the point where I was recovering. I still have the card, & I come across it every once in awhile. It still hurts & I cry a little.
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Fri Jun 10, '11 12:17pm PST 
When our older cats passed the vet clinic made us a ceramic mold of their pawprint with their name on it. Very nice and appreciated. I'm trying to find a nice shadow box to display them in.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2