GO!

Innova at petco

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Tue May 24, '11 10:41pm PST 
I don't know if anyone else saw it, but Innova is being sold at Petco. I think petco has some good brands now (not saying I like P&G at all)...Merrick, Innova, Wellness..way to go
[notify]
Terra

Bonzaiiiiiiii!!!- !!!

Barked: Tue May 24, '11 11:38pm PST 
Also, according to my local small-time-holistic-type pet supply store, they will also be selling Innova at select Walmarts. silenced
[notify]
Shadow- *CGC*CL2*CL3- *

Is it time for- agility yet?

Barked: Wed May 25, '11 4:18am PST 
I saw that just the other day. I'm glad they are getting some higher quality foods. As for it being sold in Walmart I'm not worried about it. P&G has already told all the Innova reps that they aren't changing the formulas or where the ingredients come from. Maybe some people will stop buying Ol Roy, doubt it but you never know. It still is one of the higher quality foods on the market.
[notify]

Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Wed May 25, '11 6:51am PST 
I think I saw it at Petsmart too?

I'm glad it's making healthier foods more available for people to try, but I've never liked Natura foods anyway, even before the buyout. For whatever reason, my pets always had problems on their foods.
[notify]
Adam

Barked: Wed May 25, '11 4:18pm PST 
Well I do not like P&G, not anything about them and least of all their extensive animal testing labs. And I don't like how Natura will not reveal their sources of where they get their ingredients and where their processors are, when companies like Orijen and others do. But this is great that stores will show this to buyers and maybe that will make them learn about ingredients and good food, or just give their dogs something better.
[notify]
Bailey

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '11 1:45pm PST 
Hi everyone! I’m Stephanie, and I’m on the Communication Team for Natura, maker of Innova. I can assure you that Natura will stay true to its heritage and unwavering commitment to pet nutrition. While I understand your concerns and appreciate the positive feedback, I did want to clarify that no Natura brands will be available in Wal-Mart. The Innova distribution expansion only includes stores within the pet specialty channel and does not include retailers within the food/mass/club channel, such as grocery or department stores.

Additionally, I wanted to reiterate that EVO, California Natural, Karma, HealthWise and Mother Nature brands will continue to be exclusively sold in independent pet specialty stores.

We appreciate your support. Thanks!
[notify]
Adam

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '11 4:37pm PST 
Hi Stephanie. I was wondering if you could answer a question or two. First I want to say thank you for Innova because my dogs ate that when I first got them (rescues) and had no transition problems and looked great on the food. I happened to switch to raw not because of Proctor & Gamble buying Natura but just because I wanted "fresher" and less processed. But I would have had no problem going back to Innova until the buy-out and what I've read on truthaboutpetfood.com.

First it was pretty clear that Natura actually cared about animal health by making such healthy and high quality food lines, why would you sell to a company like P&G with a history of horrific animal abuse cited in their animal testing facilities? I'm not a PETA person at all, but this their testing is beyond bad.

And also, why wouldn't Natura reveal any of the processing plant locations? I know the ingredient list hasn't changed, but what about the quality? How can we know that if natura won't reveal where their ingredients are sourced from and their processing plants?

Those issues aside...I'm still glad Innova is at petco since P&G bought it anyway.
[notify]
Bailey

Barked: Fri Jun 3, '11 8:59am PST 
Thank you for your questions. We’re so glad your pets did well on Innova! Natura’s founders identified P&G as the right company to grow and nurture the Natura business. P&G’s mission and philosophy are aligned with Natura’s mission and philosophy, and the acquisition by P&G has allowed Natura to continue developing new, healthy pet food solutions so that even more pets experience the benefits of our brands!

Natura and P&G have made the same commitment to humane and healthful treatment of companion animals. The people at P&G Pet Care have an intense passion for animals and are dedicated to enhancing the well being of dogs and cats. Their long-standing animal welfare policies are clear – “testing” consists primarily of feeding studies and taste tests to ensure dogs and cats like our food, and about 70% of our “taste-testers” are family pets living in private homes. You might be interested in reading what a blogger wrote about P&G Pet Care after a recent visit: http://www.pawcurious.com/2011/05/behind-the-paw-part-uno/#more-7495 and http://www.pawcurious.com/2011/06/behind-the-paw-then-and-now/.
[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Fri Jun 3, '11 9:51am PST 
laugh out loud
All I have to say. The end.
[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Fri Jun 3, '11 9:53am PST 
I've gotta say that I'm very surprised that Natura chose P&G considering their track record with Iams and Eukanuba.

I was beyond disappointed when I first learned of the buy-out. At that point I was buying cases of Evo canned cat food at a time.

I used to recommend Natura pretty regularly. Not anymore. I simply don't trust that P&G won't swap out ingredients for inferior ones.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2