GO!

Saying goodbye to sweet Sophie

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Sophie- ♥- Sweet Angel

Sweetpea

Barked: Sun Apr 3, '11 12:07am PST 
My sweet, sweet girl is 16 years old. I've been so blessed to have her with me for so long. I was a 19 year old college student when I adopted her from the Humane Society and she was about 1 year old, terrified after being abandoned at a kill shelter because her people were "moving."

We've been together for so long, I can't imagine my life without her. She's been amazingly healthy, too. Unfortunately, age has finally caught up with her. She's been deaf for the last year and is going blind. She has severe arthritis. She's gone downhill very, very quickly over the past couple of weeks.

She is still eating (actually eating more) but was down 25% of her weight over the past 3 months (weight check at the vet's office 3 weeks ago). There are so many things she cannot do physically (can't sit, has trouble laying down, getting up, can no longer wag her tail, can't climb stair or get into the car).

She is struggling. I've been in a bit of denial; she was doing okay for so long and then suddenly over the past week or so, she's not doing very well at all.

I left a (very tearful) voicemail for the vet today, asking her to call me to talk about helping Sophie to the bridge. My heart is breaking but I don't want her to suffer. I've tried so hard to keep her life comfortable and peaceful in her golden years. It's just so hard to believe that the time may be here to say goodbye. Unless things improve or the vet has any ideas about increasing her arthritis medicine, I think this may be Sophie's last week here with me. It's so hard.
[notify]
Alice

I am the Keeper

Barked: Sun Apr 3, '11 3:12am PST 
angel feather kisses to you
doing what is the right thing is not easy, but it is the last loving act we show our old friends.

her long life is testiment to the love she had
[notify]
Buddy

bouncy pup

Barked: Sun Apr 3, '11 7:29am PST 
so sorry about your lovely dog Sophie, hope the vet can help her arthritis. My dog Buddy is 15 and his back legs are very bad with arthritis, he struggles to get up and down. Going blind and deaf, it is heartbreaking watching them get older.
[notify]

Pippin-CGC-R- IP Sweet Boy

Gone Far Too- Soon

Barked: Sun Apr 3, '11 9:44am PST 
Sometimes letting go is the most ultimate gift of love that we can give...My thoughts & prayers are with you & your sweet girl.hug
[notify]
Budrow RIP buddy

I am handsome - deal with it

Barked: Sun Apr 3, '11 1:08pm PST 
hug cry hug
[notify]
Rommel

RIP 1996 - 2008 We Miss You- Old Man

Barked: Sun Apr 3, '11 1:28pm PST 
Its never easy ...cry

Thoughts & Prayers
Rommel & Thor..cry
[notify]
Sophie- ♥- Sweet Angel

Sweetpea

Barked: Sun Apr 3, '11 9:43pm PST 
Thank you all for the support. I stopped in and had a long talk with the vet today. Made an appointment to help Sophie to the bridge this Saturday, April 9th, at 2 pm. The vet said I can change (sooner or later) as many times as I need to. I've already changed my mind a million times today. I think if she was sick, I might have a little more clarity on making the decision. But she's not sick, she's just really, really old.

She's such a sweetheart. She still has a sparkle in her eyes some of the day. I don't know if I'll keep the appointment for Saturday or maybe wait another week or two. It's so difficult. I know that I am so blessed to have Sophie for so long and to have her so healthy. Trying to make the best decision for her, on her behalf. I really appreciate the support. hug
[notify]
Holly - CGC TDI

Squirrel?- Squrirrel!- SQUIRRELLLLL!!!!

Barked: Sun Apr 3, '11 10:42pm PST 
My heart is breaking for you. I hope you will be able to enjoy every moment with her. The time we have with them is too short. hughug
[notify]
Yoshi- (1993-2010)

Yoshi Girl

Barked: Tue Apr 5, '11 10:59am PST 
hughughug
[notify]
Bingo-In- Memory

Appreciate the- small things

Barked: Tue Apr 5, '11 2:14pm PST 
Im so sorry--Its so hard watching them grow old. i couldnt tell you what to do but I know how hard the decission is. Bingo had a lot of issues but still had some spark until the end, when the sprark was gone I knew I have five dogs, four of them senior (but youngish seniors) and I cant imagine how hard the next years are going to get. I am so glad you have had 16 wonderful years with your girl
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5