GO!

Birthday Cake recipes?

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

Sophie

Am I half- rabbit?

Barked: Sat Mar 12, '11 2:18pm PST 
Sophies is having a bday party tomorrow and I'm going to make her a cake!
I've seen some great ideas on here before a few months ago but now can't find them!
Anyone have a great cake recipe that doesn't contain carrots? Sophie is allergic to them...
Thank you!!!
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sat Mar 12, '11 5:57pm PST 
My poor unfortunate dogs never got such things. Max's birthday is coming up and he is getting a new harness and grooming spray. Poor poor doggie!

Here are a few. You could simply use apple, sweet potato or zucchini in the carrot cake one if you like. Dogs won't care if it isn't sweet or is too sweet or dry or whatever.
http://www.dogster.com/forums/Home_Prepared_Food_Recipes/ thread/675645

I searched birth day cake recipe if you want to look for more.
[notify]
Quincy- FM TFE-II- TDIAOV CGC

I have just met- you and I LOVE- you!

Barked: Sat Mar 12, '11 7:23pm PST 
Today is actually Quincy's birthday, and yes, he got a cake. I did a peanut butter and banana cake. No real recipe, but I'll give you a guess. Note, this was for a bigger cake, as we had a flyball practice and took some for all the pups, if you're making a small personal cake I'd half this recipe (you can keep the egg the same).

2 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2-3/4 cup flour (you want it to be thick, but still quite wet)

Mix, bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes depending on the pan (I used a 8" round, and it took 30 minutes.) I use the tooth pick method to make sure it's done, cool, and frost. I used cheese whiz (Quincy's favorite) but have also used whipped cream cheese mixed with various flavors, peanut butter, etc. Even used whipped sweet potatoes once. Just have some fun with it. You're pup will love it smile
[notify]

Tubby

Multo en Parvo-A- lot in a little!

Barked: Sat Mar 12, '11 10:03pm PST 
You can find tons of recipes online I like

http://www.dog-treat-recipe-exchange.com/dog-birthday-cake-recip es

Plan to make it next week for Tubby's 10th I cant imagine not celebrating a dog bday its the most fun thing to do!
[notify]
Diesel

Romp often

Barked: Wed Mar 16, '11 6:49pm PST 
I love celebrating birthdays or "adoption" day's with my pets. I have a feeling they love it as well, with all the goodies and special meals.laugh out loud
[notify]
Clover

Barked: Wed Mar 23, '11 9:48am PST 
Such great stuff. Clover will be a year old next week and I would like to celebrate. Thanks!
[notify]
Junah

Mr. Regal

Barked: Sat Mar 26, '11 6:26pm PST 
This is great info. Junah's bday is tomorrow (which is fun b/c mine is todaylaugh out loud
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Tue Mar 29, '11 11:13am PST 
Max did get a barkday cake. I put some canned sardine neatly on top of his hamburger patty and put a canned oyster on either side. He pushed the sardine and oyster off to get to his favorite hamburger but ate it all up in a jiffy!
[notify]
Sophie

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '11 4:53pm PST 
Sofies Birthday is coming up on the 27 of April, this was alot of help! Thanks so much!way to go
[notify]