GO!

Manolo mauled

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Manolo, in- memoriam.

I am Super- Ma-Mutt

Barked: Tue Jan 4, '11 4:37pm PST 
My best friend, Manolo, was murdered on December 31, 2010 by an unleashed Bull Mastiff. The mastiff attacked Manolo out of nowhere and viciously grabbing him by his neck and not letting go until he made sure my lovely was dead. It has been the worse experience in my LIFE seeing how my little one got killed and I know it was dumb but I kicked the Mastiff so hard and multiple times hoping that he would let go of my love but he wouldn't until my Manolo was dead. I did report the incident to animal control but unfortunately it seemed as if they didn't care frown I did call the police the day of the incident and they said they couldn't do anything about it... Who are victim families suppose to go to? It seems that the authorities that are suppose to care: DON'T.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Tue Jan 4, '11 4:59pm PST 
hug I am so sorry that you lost your baby in such a horrible wayhug Are there leash laws where you live? If there are , someone should be responsible for enforcing them. thinking
[notify]
Manolo, in- memoriam.

I am Super- Ma-Mutt

Barked: Tue Jan 4, '11 5:01pm PST 
Yes and they only gave him a 250dlrs citation frown
[notify]

Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Tue Jan 4, '11 5:16pm PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss. hug

I would look into your town's bylaws. In my town you would be able to get that dog declared a dangerous dog. License fees then go up tremendously, and the dog has to be muzzled when off its property.

RIP Manolo.
[notify]
Trigger

*Blackdog*

Barked: Tue Jan 4, '11 5:34pm PST 
I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss.

I can't imagine losing a dog that way frown

Where you are located and the specifics of what happened might be what's hindering any repercussions. Do you have animal control there? Did the police say if you couldn't file a report what you COULD do, such as file a claim in small claims court? Where did the attack happen? Your yard? A park? Was your dog leashed?
[notify]
Manolo, in- memoriam.

I am Super- Ma-Mutt

Barked: Tue Jan 4, '11 5:37pm PST 
I did fill out the affidavit for dangerous dogs and now we are just waiting to see what happens, but they seemed so uncaring. I really hope they do their job even though Animal Control has a bad reputation here in San Antonio, TX I still want to believe that they will do something about this situation.
[notify]
Budrow RIP buddy

I am handsome - deal with it

Barked: Tue Jan 4, '11 6:25pm PST 
I would advise you to find a good lawyer and find out what can be done. If something like this happened to me I would probably sue the guy who owns the dog, I just can't imagine watching my dog be mauled in front of me and nothing is done about it. If the town/ac refuses to do their job, sue the guy.

I am so sorry about Manolohug
[notify]
Manolo, in- memoriam.

I am Super- Ma-Mutt

Barked: Tue Jan 4, '11 6:31pm PST 
I was told that small claims didn't have anything to do because Manolo was not taken to the vet (he was dead at the scene) and there were no bills the owner of the mastiff owed me (just the life of my dog but I suppose that is not worth it to them). The police said that no report with them was to be filled because there was no human attack so they referred me to animal control. The mastiff was unleashed and he was the one that approached us as we were exiting our vehicle to enter my mother's in law home. This happened at my mother in laws sidewalk and my dog was leashed walking next to me. I did report it to the animal control and they went to speak to the owner and he was trying to deny what happened but there were plenty of witnesses including myself and he was cited for not having proof of vaccinations and has to go to court. I also went to fill out an affidavit for dangerous dogs and we are waiting to see what happens even though they look as if they didn't care. That mastiff has previously attacked other dogs big and small and I am just frustrated that nothing is being done right away.
[notify]
Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Tue Jan 4, '11 6:53pm PST 
You can try small claims for what you've paid to buy Manolo and other accompanying costs throughout his life. You might get a sympathetic judge.
[notify]
Lincoln and Ruby

For Us?

Barked: Wed Jan 5, '11 11:58am PST 
I would of taken that Mastiff home with me and brought him to the neighbouring town and made sure the animal control saw my dead dog and told them I hope they do something about this. That is my worst fear, Ruby is small and if I dont see the dog coming I cannot pick her up. Lincoln can defend himself pretty well, but Ruby cannot. I would be livid if someones dog killed mine.

RIP

Also, not sure if you did take pictures of him after he passed. As lilith said you may get a sympathetic judge who would see those pictures and his/her heart would break.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4