GO!

Does your dog clean your floor?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Dum-Dum

Life's too short- to have to do- stuff.

Barked: Tue Nov 23, '10 10:14am PST 
I think it's a well known fact that dogs love food,and Dum-Dum takes his food seriously. His nickname is Hoover and he is especially great to have around when the messy kids come over. big grin

Basically, he's not allowed to beg and has to lay in his place under the table during mealtimes or while I'm cooking. After we're all done eating he's released to look for any "accidentally" fallen bits.

Lunch time today was especially fun for him! I dropped lots of goodies all over the floor on purpose while he waited then I called him out to play Hoover. He had to run through his tricks and then was released to eat whatever I pointed at with my toe.

He's so clever and useful when it isn't on purpose

big grin

Anyone else got kitchen helpers?
[notify]
Chloe

OG- Original- Goberian

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 8:38am PST 
Yes! Chloe & Lia take that job very seriously. The floor of our eating area is always inspected and cleaned by them as soon as we're done eating. Anytime I am cooking and drop something on the floor I call them out to clean it up (as long as it's a safe food for them of course.)
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 9:02am PST 
Yes! (as long as it isn't something like onions, ofcourse)Just last night my stepson dropped a bit of pizza on the kitchen floor and hurriedly started to clean it up...just as I was sayig "Don't worry, the dog--" Lucille comes flying into the kitchen to help out tripping over her own legs. winkShe also takes that job very seriously.
[notify]

☮ Oakley- ☮

Leaves = My- bestfriend!!

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 10:27am PST 
Oakley takes her food seriously and although she is not allowed to beg she is allowed food that falls on the ground (if it is good for her).
[notify]
Tika

Little Fox

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 10:32am PST 
Yes! Tika has to inspect every inch of the kitchen floor several times a day. She also tries to "help" the cat clean her bowl...sneakily of course.
[notify]
Brutus

Tennis ball,- tennis ball,- tennis ball...

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 10:57am PST 
When there is food out in the kitchen, Brutus is searching the floor very thoroughly! He's our own personal vacuum cleaner as well, picking up each and every crumb left behind.
Just today, I accidently spilled some soup and got some on the floor. I was about to clean it up when I heard Brutus prance over. He looked at me. I looked at him. Then, I said something like "Okay, Brutus" then he sat there for about 5 minutes eating the few drops of soup that spilled. Haha!
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 12:14pm PST 
Yes, of course! I have my own little Hoover and Roomba. Isn't the reason people get dogs is so they don't have to mop??
[notify]
Sonny

the world's- first blond,- agility Beagle

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 3:33pm PST 
Sonny's nick name (one of many) is Ti-D-Bowl...Dish Washer...Hoover...

We still disagree about him sticking his head in the dishwasher - as he doesn't care whether the dishes are dirty or clean.
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 5:14pm PST 
floors, counters , stove they would clean them all
[notify]
Aster

Let's go for a- swim

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 7:10pm PST 
Our daughter is coming Friday. I am sure they will bring their 3 year old and 9 month old. If they have bought something bigger than their Honda Civic, they may bring all 3 dogs, making a total of 5 dogs in the house. Competition for the area under the highchair will be tough. We do try to discourage it.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3