GO!

2 VA Shibas in Danger of PTS

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Barked: Mon Aug 30, '10 3:33pm PST 
HI All -- Anybody know of rescue or fosters in or near Roanoke or Petersburg, VA??? Saw these 2 on petfinder:

Rocky is in Roanoke in Animal Control - in danger of PTS due to no room at local SPCA

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17240023

This one will break your heart .... and cause eyes to leak...(at least mine did) This is Kira nad she's in Petersburg Animal Shelter.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17279195

Just wanted to make sure that somebody knows about them that maybe can help.

Leslie
[notify]
Yoshi

OK, have you- ever actually- SEEN a fox?

Barked: Mon Aug 30, '10 4:08pm PST 
cry Oh no! I hope they get a home! Poor things! If I was able to, I'd take the blind, deaf girl in! I have a cat with no eyes and she is wonderful! Ones with disabilities often get overlooked, but can make great friends :-(
[notify]
Hamlet

Is it a fox?

Barked: Mon Aug 30, '10 6:26pm PST 
*wants to take Kira home so she can curl up in the sun room*

Why are none of these near me? :-(
[notify]

Kobe

Rain, Rain, Go- Away!

Barked: Mon Aug 30, '10 8:37pm PST 
Is there anyway to set up some sort of transport?

I could probably convince my husband to foster one of them if they are really in danger.
[notify]
Kazu

I'm a little- stinker!

Barked: Tue Aug 31, '10 12:24am PST 
Carina, (Tetsuya & Deshi) posted on FB.

I would love to bring Kira into our family. I'm just so afraid of how Yoshi & Kazu will react. Asian breeds are not too fond of competition. They are very jealous, sometimes demanding and can be aggressive. They also can be very sweet! Yoshi was the perfect big sister, when we brought Kazu home. They do have their moments though.

What if I do adopt Kira and Y&K don't get along with her? What do I do then? Send her back?!?! I could never do that!

My Mom that's 92 lives with us. Kira would be perfect for her. They're both most likely blind and deaf. If Kira is anything like my Mother, it's selective hearing, typical Shiba!

I'll have to talk this over with my husband (and show him Kira's pics). He'll just melt!

Before I commit, I need to know more about Kira's life. Why is she in a shelter in the first place?
[notify]
Tetsuya

I'm a snuggly- boy!

Barked: Tue Aug 31, '10 7:58am PST 
If you call the shelter they can probably give you specifics as to why she is in there. I hope you are able to adopt her. That would be wonderful! She looks like such a sweet old girl. hug
[notify]
Tetsuya

I'm a snuggly- boy!

Barked: Tue Aug 31, '10 7:59am PST 
Oh, I also wanted to let you all know I posted about these two shibas on the shiba-l as well. If anyone has updates on them please share.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Aug 31, '10 5:29pm PST 
Kobe --

Rocky (who I believe is in the most immediate danger) is along the I-81 corridor. If we can figure a way to get him up 81 to Harrisburg, I can get him from there to Philly. I'll call tomorrow to check on his status -- and see what they will do with rescue As far as Kira, that shelter only does PTS when they are overcrowded (according to their web page) but I will call on her status as well. She's along the I-95 corridor --- but if she could be moved over on I-64 could easily get to I-81 as well. Does anybody have direct contact with Loki??? I read Vi's blog all the time and know they are in Virginia, but I don't know where. I don't know that they are involved with rescue, but maybe they can help transport or pull??? I'll "fly" if I can get some help from rescue, since I'm not sure how to pull either one of them on my own without a rescue affiliation. If I have to go to Roanoke, I can do that in a Hurricane this weekend, what the heck!! But I will need some help and fosters..... Let me know what any of y'all think.

Leslie
[notify]
Kobe

Rain, Rain, Go- Away!

Barked: Tue Aug 31, '10 7:02pm PST 
If you got either to Harrisburg, I would meet you there. That's not too far for me. I know Vi is in northern va, probably along the 95 corridor from what I remember. Near D.C.

Do we know if Rocky is dog friendly? Obviously I have my two and we're only in a one bedroom, so everyone's got to get along, for the most part. From there I can do my best to help find a foster here in Philly (or nearby). At this point, I can only take one. I'll take either. Whoever is most urgent, obviously.

Thanks so much Leslie. I'll be back in town Monday night.
[notify]
Tsuki, Kit,- Kiba &- Buckley

inubakablog.com

Barked: Tue Aug 31, '10 8:21pm PST 
If these pups can get north I will gladly help transport in the NY/NJ/CT/PA area.

I would foster one of them, but I have a full house expecting a foster this weekend.

There is no rescue in the VA area?!?

I posted on facebook and got one response from someone who lives in VA who can help transport south through the state.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6